Mud grapplers vs Xtreme All terrains

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mud grapplers vs Xtreme All terrains

I have Xterrains now and I am not really impressed with the wear on them..I noticed ALOT of people have the nitto mud graplers, I hear those are the worst on wear and they only last about 20000 miles this true? Also I am interested in the procomp Xtreme All terrains if anybody has those please give some feedback thanks!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:23 AM
As far as tread goes they are two completely diff. tires. I my opinion the Extreme A/T's are a waste of money for what you get, If you are looking for a more open aggressive tire that will still get good miles and isn't too loud then go with BFG M/T or ProComp M/T. The M/T will last you much longer than the MudGrapplers and provide you w/ alot more traction than the Extreme A/T's.
On my friends 1500 straght axle dodge he got a touch over 25000, I am not sure how it would be with IFS. Me for an example I bought 31x12.5 SSR's and got about 7000mil. less than my buddys dodge w/ the same tire.
I really cant help u w/ the EXT A/T's because I have never ran them but they look like a bit wider spaced A/T w/ side wall tread and design.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
firedog is right in that they are very different tires. Nittos will wear much faster. In most cases the more aggressive you get, the faster they will wear.

I have to disagree with saying that its a waste of money for what you get. I have Xtreme A/Ts and love them. They are a little overpriced, I will agree to that. You get treadwear warranty as well. They wear great and look like a mudder in person. The pictures don't do them justice.

Everyone has an opinion though. If you are going to mud alot, then maybe the X A/T isnt for you. If you are going to do highway and off-road then maybe they are. It all depends on your application.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by tnsilverfx4
firedog is right in that they are very different tires. Nittos will wear much faster. In most cases the more aggressive you get, the faster they will wear.

I have to disagree with saying that its a waste of money for what you get. I have Xtreme A/Ts and love them. They are a little overpriced, I will agree to that. You get treadwear warranty as well. They wear great and look like a mudder in person. The pictures don't do them justice.

Everyone has an opinion though. If you are going to mud alot, then maybe the X A/T isnt for you. If you are going to do highway and off-road then maybe they are. It all depends on your application.
I can def agree on the price issue they are $$$ I will be doing highway and offroading thats about it no hardcore mudding.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd go with the Xtreme AT's. THe Mud Grapplers wear quickly and are extemely loud.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
xtreme a/t's

Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Extreme A/T's are a great tire. They look really agressive and the road noise is very minimal you might not even notice.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM
JDB
I just got my Xtreme A/T's installed last Fri. and have drove intown, highway, gravel, and cut cornfields with them. I think they are a very good all around tire. Not much road noise at all. Good traction in the dirt. I love em. I also do very little MUDDING. I do on the other hand do a little easy off roading (level B roads, cornfields, shallow ditches, Snow. I payed $889.00 shipped to the door for my A/T's. What other tire in that price range (give or take a hundred) would be better. Don't get me wrong, if I had 1400 bucks at the time I would have got the KM2's. But my tires look sick as Hell also.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hash278
Extreme A/T's are a great tire. They look really agressive and the road noise is very minimal you might not even notice.
^^^ X2...

Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
JDB

Quick Reply: Mud grapplers vs Xtreme All terrains