Lugbolts/Studs Coming off

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lugbolts/Studs Coming off

Has anyone happened to have lugbolts on their truck pop off..? I have 6K miles on my 07 FX2. And the truck went all over the place get out and take the centercap off and Im missing 3 out of 6 lugbolts... Oh and I was doing 80+ on the OEM 20's???

Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Can't say that I have...and I have had mine off a bunch of times now.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are the lugs still there? If so and the lugnuts came off, I would suspect that the lugnuts were not torqued properly. Also, if the lug bolts snapped, I would think the same.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
Are the lugs still there? If so and the lugnuts came off, I would suspect that the lugnuts were not torqued properly. Also, if the lug bolts snapped, I would think the same.
I have no clue. Never had the wheel off. Bought it w/ 10.5 miles on it. Two next to each other and one across wheel. One other bolt had spun all but 1/4 turn off.

The dealer thought it must have been improper torquing from one of the girls on the line... Must have been overtime on a Saturday Could of really done some damage to me... DAMNIT. That wouldve been a great suit. Id of called Morris Bart or something. Hell he got other ppl 750K (my ***)

Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
I have no clue. Never had the wheel off. Bought it w/ 10.5 miles on it. Two next to each other and one across wheel. One other bolt had spun all but 1/4 turn off.

The dealer thought it must have been improper torquing from one of the girls on the line... Must have been overtime on a Saturday Could of really done some damage to me... DAMNIT. That wouldve been a great suit. Id of called Morris Bart or something. Hell he got other ppl 750K (my ***)
As you bought it with 10.5 on it, I would suspect that someone worked on it, tire rotation maybe, and did not retorque to spec.

P.S. Torque spec on these is 150ft lbs. And yes, one of the first things I did after taking delivery was retorque the lug nuts.

Last edited by kingfish51; 11-13-2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by kingfish51
As you bought it with 10.5 on it, I would suspect that someone worked on it, tire rotation maybe, and did not retorque to spec.

P.S. Torque spec on these is 150ft lbs. And yes, one of the first things I did after taking delivery was retorque the lug nuts.
Actually no... It has never been touched. Guarantee you that. I had the oil changed by the dealer. I sat there chillin with the guy as he did it. 6K later is just odd....

Quick Reply: Lugbolts/Studs Coming off