AR wheels care

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR wheels care

So I have a new set of AR crush wheels (chrome) and since I mortgaged the house to buy them I want to keep them looking as good as possible. What kind of care is necessary, especially in the winter? I bought some wheel cleaner and polish with them and was told that if I use it once a month that should be enough. I also thought I heard somewhere that drive-thru car washes are bad for the wheels. Is that true? I live in WI where the winters and roads can be pretty bad and are pretty much covered in salt-water for 3 months out of the year, but I really don't want to have to be out cleaning and polishing my wheels every week in 10 degree weather. Thanks in advance for the help!!

Sean

Old 11-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
I have the same wheels and they can be a pain to keep clean. I use Mother's Chrome Polish and then later say a few week's wash them and put on a good coat of wax. Best to use a powerball. I live in the Deep South and if I get any salt it's from Flood Water's!!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, they are a bit of a pain to keep clean, but they do look pretty sweet, especially with the BFG's!

Quick Reply: AR wheels care