Eagle 102 problems....Center caps

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Eagle 102 problems....Center caps

Hey so i have 18x9.5 eagle 102 on my king ranch. I love the way they look but i have one problem with them that is really pissing me off. The crappy plastic center caps keep on popping off. I guess its when i hit bumps or something but ive already bought 3 replacements and im done with this crap. I hear that there are some metal inserts that you can have screwed overtop of where the center caps used to be, just wondering if anybody had them and where did you get them....If not does anyone know where i can get some of them..

thanks in advance

Spenser

Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put a dab of clear silicone on each of the tabs that clip into the wheel. I just never thought they were secure so I "glued" them on.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Exclamation

I mean i guess that might work....but then if you ever need to get them off aren't you going to need to essentially break them to get them off? My dad recommended epoxy.....i would rather just pony up some of the money and get the screw on ones...I saw one guy in the galleries that has them and i tried to message him and ask him were he got them but he doesn't accept messages.. His user name was mboyer....Something...well if anyone knows where to get them let me know please.

thanks

Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
THat is the reason I used 3M silicone. It holds them securely in place but you can remove them with your bare hands by pulling on them. If you used epoxy or something permanate, you would have to break the center caps off and replace them everytime you had your tires balanced. Trust me, silicone works fine. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM
thanks

thanks wandell you always seem to have a reasonable solution. Now im runnign into another problem. i cant find anywhere to get the replacement center caps now..everwhere that i call sends me sopmewhere else. Seems like they only deal with distributers and there are no distributer near me...

Old 11-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Old 11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
LAX: just want to tell you that i think your truck looks awesome...gets me every time i see it in your sig or gallery...great combo of lift, rims and tires with that king ranch color scheme...seems to fit together very well

Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Exclamation

Thanks alot man.. i love it too. Its my prized possesion. only thing that realy sucks is paying for the gas. I feel like my mileage keeps getting worse and worse. I came home from college the other day and made like 12 mpg driving on the highway. WTF. I dont drive like a maniac either 70mph. But in the end, its worth. i love my truck more then anything and enjoy driving it.

thanks for the aprreciation

Spenser

Old 11-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
THat is the reason I used 3M silicone. It holds them securely in place but you can remove them with your bare hands by pulling on them. If you used epoxy or something permanate, you would have to break the center caps off and replace them everytime you had your tires balanced. Trust me, silicone works fine. I've been using it for a couple of years now.

This is very good to know. Thatnks sharing Wandell. My caps haven't come off (running Ultra Claws) but they rattle something fierce over every little bump. I was looking for a way to secure them. Thanks for sharing man

Quick Reply: Eagle 102 problems....Center caps