2006 4x2 Lariat Tire Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 4x2 Lariat Tire Replacement

I have an '06 Lariat 4x2 that is ready for new tires. The BF Goodrich Long Trails are about 85% gone at 20,000 miles. I tow heavy and also live in a small town that is totally stop, go and turn so I almost understand why these are worn so fast.

Anyway....been looking and in my size (265/60/18) I have found Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, Michelin Cross Terrain and a couple of others. I do tow a 7000 travel trailer so I would like to have a good, heavy tire. Also would like it to be a quiet tire.

I have Wranglers on my new Suburban, and they appear to be nice, but on Discount Tire's site, many complain about quick tread wear there (my sub only has 4000 miles) so I don't want to drop the bucks on something that won't last a reasonable amount of time.

I see very little comment on 4x2's with 18"s getting replaced with stock size.

Any thoughts? What have you guys been replacing your Long Trails with?

Help!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Brian, I replaced mine with BFG Radial All Terrain's. I have put as many as 60K miles on them (provided you rotate and keep up with tire pressure). I have run these tires on my last 5-trucks (including an F-350) and have always had good luck with them. There are lots of good tires out there and this is just 1-man's opinion so take it for what it's worth. Good luck with your tire quest!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I have BF Goodrich All-Terrains on my truck, but any BFG tire is a good bet. A lot of people I have talked to say that BF Goodriches are some of the best tires on the road. They might be a little more expensive then some, but they're worth it in my opinion.

Quick Reply: 2006 4x2 Lariat Tire Replacement