Who's the best online shop for tires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's the best online shop for tires?

I gotta get a new set real soon. I'm familiar with the prices from tirerack, discount, and 4wp. Any others that are more competitive, better prices?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
I purchase all my tires from Discount Tire Direct; 2 sets for my F150, 2 sets for my wife's Expy and 2 sets for my Saturn. I think they have the best pricing; plus I save tax. In addition, I usually get then shipped to the house for free?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I think www.dicounttiredirect.com prbably has the better prices. Here are a few more.

http://www.wheelsforless.com/toyotires.htm

http://www.1010tires.com/

I would try to stick with a local tire shop. For mounting, balancing or if replacement is needed. If you buy it elswhere you might get a better deal, but sometimes shops don't want to install, or charge you more for installation than if you would have bought your tires from them. Tires are known to sometimes be bad or "out-of-round" ; and buying online; you don't really know what you'll get. Sams club, Walmart usually have some pretty good tires also at a decent price. And if they are not in stock, they can probably get them for U. If you stick with a big company, they have the resources and reputation to uphold warranty and stand behind their work.Just my .02 cents.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
I think www.dicounttiredirect.com prbably has the better prices. Here are a few more.

http://www.wheelsforless.com/toyotires.htm

http://www.1010tires.com/

I would try to stick with a local tire shop. For mounting, balancing or if replacement is needed. If you buy it elswhere you might get a better deal, but sometimes shops don't want to install, or charge you more for installation than if you would have bought your tires from them. Tires are known to sometimes be bad or "out-of-round" ; and buying online; you don't really know what you'll get. Sams club, Walmart usually have some pretty good tires also at a decent price. And if they are not in stock, they can probably get them for U. If you stick with a big company, they have the resources and reputation to uphold warranty and stand behind their work.Just my .02 cents.
yeah that's sound advice. That's what I normally do. I'll find a good price and then go to my favorite discount tire store and ask for a price match. Then I have the tires for a good price and with their generous/good service and I'm usually satisfied. I just didn't want to miss any good deals out there.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
I ordered mine from www.td4l.com and got them 2 days later. At the time, they were by far the cheapest place for Toyo muds. I think they figured out that they weren't charging enough and raised their prices a little bit though cause now they're not as cheap as the used to be :o

Old 11-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Why dont u support your local tire shop.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
well my local tire shop recommended i order my tires when i told them the price i was given...they couldnt get within $300 of the price i was quoted for the tires i wanted from a company in texas after the shipping charges to my house...they werent mad at all, they actually wanted to know where to get them since it was a cheaper route than using their current distributor. The local tire shops are losing sales but there is honestly no real way around it until they find a way to get even remotely close to the prices of some of these independent online distributors.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM
You should email josh at sportztrailersjosh@comcast.net he will get you a good deal. I bought my 35's(Xtreme a/t) from him for $810 and that includes shipping

Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by krazyballer
Why dont u support your local tire shop.
No service loyalty for customer loyalty around here. Small tire shops are rare and their prices are not competitive at all. There's really no point.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:31 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I always look up online pricing @ Tirerack and Discount Tire and then get local pricing. Sometimes Tireack wins, sometimes lcoal places. Discount Tire direct never wins, but sometimes the local Discount Tire store does.

Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 AM
I shopped around online and at tire shops. I got my wheels and tires from onlinetires.com. My 285/75/16 Terra Grapplers were $120 a piece! And my wheels were $79 each. Nobody could come close to those prices. Any they were delieved in 3 days to my door balanced and ready to mount. No complaints. Ride great.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:31 AM
Well kept secret -

If you happen to have an NTB (National Tire & Battery) near you - order your tires from TireRack - drop ship them to NTB (the two company's have somewhat joined forces) - mounting and balancing fees are below $20 per tire.

Process -

Go to TireRack and look for their "recommended installers" find your local shop (NTB IS the cheapest)

Then before you order - call the tire shop - let them know you're ordering online from TireRack and are going to drop ship the tires to their location.

I saved $40 per tire ordering online and the mount and balance was $17.50 each.

Good luck!

Old 11-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sure it's just me and everyone's experiences are different, but...When you factor in cost (plus higher cost of having someone install tires you didn't purchase from them), service, support, and everything else, I have yet to beat Americas (Discount) Tire.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:24 PM
My best price by far was from http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/
Got my Nittos for $165 each.

you can get info online or I can give you my contact if you want it.

Quick Reply: Who's the best online shop for tires?