duralast rotors? any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duralast rotors? any good?

I'm needing to replace the rear rotors and pads on my 03 expedition and the front pads and rotors/hubs on my 2001 F150

Anyone have experience with Duralast rotors from Autozone??? I see huge price difference from Carquest to Auto zone to Napa.

I do think I'm sticking with the Carquest Blue pads on all, just questionsing the rotors.

I don't do any hard driving, towning etc... just normal family driving, not towing anything heavy or far...
Thanks

Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 AM
I have used the DURALAST rotors and drums. I just put new drums on my 98 yeserday. I have not had any troubles with the rotors and drums. I have not ever urse the carquest blues. I never have liked the prices of NAPA and Carquest.

Hope this helps!

Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by texasbikers
I'm needing to replace the rear rotors and pads on my 03 expedition and the front pads and rotors/hubs on my 2001 F150

Anyone have experience with Duralast rotors from Autozone??? I see huge price difference from Carquest to Auto zone to Napa.

I do think I'm sticking with the Carquest Blue pads on all, just questionsing the rotors.

I don't do any hard driving, towning etc... just normal family driving, not towing anything heavy or far...
Thanks
Autozone rotors are an aluminum composite material made in China. On lightweight vehicles they will work fine- on a heavier vehicle, depending on use, warping can be prevalent. IMHO, I would recommend purchasing Brembo OEM replacement units from Diversified Cryogenics, cost about $120 including shipping, are cryo treated making them almost as strong as stainless steel- very good quality. Pads, I would recommend Carbotech Engineering- run about $120 a set including shipping. I get typically 80,000 to 100,000 miles on these components before requiring replacement and are used on the following vehicles for about 20 years...

1965 Shelby Mustang (weekend toy)
1997 Cougar Sport (very heavy stop & go traffic in Los Angeles)
1990 F150 4x2 SB/5 speed (Combined hwy & city- sold in 2006)

Old 11-23-2007, 11:24 PM
me personally i dont put a price on brakes and tires.those are the most important.i put the ford/motorcraft stuff on my truck.their stuff is actually tested unlike most of the others.just my .02 cents

Old 11-24-2007, 10:19 AM
So, I guess, noone has had any troubles with the duralast rotors and drums. LOL

Brakes and tires are very important mechanisms for a truck. LOL BUT, if you have no money left to put in for gas then I guess they will last forever then. LOL

I do not advise getting the lifetime warranty duralast pads though. They 9 times out of 10 don't wear out, BUT, they do ruin your rotors.

You can't beat the warranty AUTOZONE has on most of their stuff. Duralast is a very good brand, IMO, and I have never had any troubles with the brand.

To each their own, but, I like a little lining in my wallet for gas. LOL

:EDITED: I looked at the box my rotors and drums came in and they are made in MEXICO. Still not made in the U.S., but, at least not CHINA!!! Could be different for different models, but, I am only speaking for what I have in front of me and on my truck.

Last edited by KEITHHATTER; 11-24-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
I hear ya bro.the fricking gas is killing everyone nowadays.sorry to get off subject.The autozone brake pads are like that because the metal content in the pad material is too high.We see this all the time with customers.they get aftermarket stuff and then there brakes start squeeking and some of them the brakes dont stop well since the rotors are glazed.I do understand what you are saying about the money though.i am just sharing my experiences of what i see day to day.now there is the folks that have had no issues.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 AM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
i have duralasr gold series brake pads they are good but wore down fast on stock rotors. I got 23 months/20,000 out of them before the squeaky strip came up

Quick Reply: duralast rotors? any good?