Truck Pulling to the Left While Braking

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Pulling to the Left While Braking

I just had new brakes put on my 01 screw 4x4. I had to put new rotors up front too. Well now the truck is pulling to the left when I brake. I called the shop and the guy said that sometimes with heavy trucks like mine it takes a little bit for the brakes to "settle in". Should I just drive it for a few more days and see if it goes away? Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Give it a whirl and see how it goes.... I'm sure you'll be taking it back to them in a few days though. The pads will seat themselves after the first few stops.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Ask the shop if they will put that in writing just incase you kill yourself or someone else on the road. I have never had brakes take more than backing out of my driveway to "settle in" If it is pulling to the left only while braking, 95% of the time means something is not working on the right side. If it is pulling all the time something aint right on the the left. Semper-Fi

Old 11-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jughed
Ask the shop if they will put that in writing just incase you kill yourself or someone else on the road. I have never had brakes take more than backing out of my driveway to "settle in" If it is pulling to the left only while braking, 95% of the time means something is not working on the right side. If it is pulling all the time something aint right on the the left. Semper-Fi
X2-if it only pulls left while braking something on the right side isnt working or the left side is working to good-either way it isnt right and should be checked

Old 11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't had that problem when replacing the brakes and turning the disks.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had that problem once when I was working on a Ranger and it was because I didn't use the shims that came with the new pads. The pads that came off the truck had them so I put the shims on the new pads and the problem went away.

Quick Reply: Truck Pulling to the Left While Braking