Tire Pressurer Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Pressurer Monitor

I want to put FX4 rims on my truck, But my truck has the monitors on the rims. And it cost 56.00 per wheel to change to the other rims so they tell me.
Is there anyway to disable the system. Will it hurt anything to just leave the light on?

Old 11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
it shouldnt hurt anything for the light to be on.im sure the light will agravate you after awhile.its going to cost because they have to dismounted your old tires and take the sensors off of the rims and then dismounted the new ones to install them.56 bucks isnt that bad.if you can deal with the light i wouldnt even worry about it.also i dont think you can disable the tpms system.give it time im sure someone will figure that out.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:40 AM
pull out the dash light.

Old 11-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im in the same boat champ, im gonna be running 35's soon and was gonna just skip the sensor deal all together. but i was talking with a guy and he put it to me this way: so your driving down the road and somone pulls out in front of you, totally their fault, you cant stop in time. they die in the wreck and they find out that your modification to the TPMS which is illegal to tamper with (so i''m told) was not in proper working order, causing you to be possibly at fault for the accident. now you know that it wasnt your fault, but prove it. they are charging so much because of how much the bands cost, i found an aftermraket online sit that sells adjustable bands, for a reasonable price. they fit rims 16 inches to 22 and you can get all 4 for under 80 bucks, now for that much money its worth it in my opinion. heres the link to them sensor bands.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/universal-tpms-bands.html

Old 11-25-2007, 07:28 AM
That's a giant hose clamp, run to Home Depot and see how much that costs you. Look in the HVAC section, where I've been lurking, there is tons of stuff that I think I can make work. The nylon zip ties are at the top of the list with a more than 1k stength rating.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:39 AM
illegal to tamper with?? oh ****, is there ANYTHING else i can't touch on my truck???????

Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PimpRohr
That's a giant hose clamp, run to Home Depot and see how much that costs you. Look in the HVAC section, where I've been lurking, there is tons of stuff that I think I can make work. The nylon zip ties are at the top of the list with a more than 1k stength rating.
yah i suppose, if you have a home depot in your town i havent found a zip tie that big and still skinny enough to slide thru the sensor

Old 11-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could run into this with any mod on your truck. People sue people everyday over accidents. You would not believe the number of letters our department gets from lawyers everyday requesting accident reports. Most are settled out of court. In 17 years, I've never testified in a civil trial over an accident. I can only remember one accident our department worked actually going to a civil trial.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Found Some Universal Bands on Ebay for 65.00 for all 4

Quick Reply: Tire Pressurer Monitor