Boycott 4Wheelparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just ordered rims and tires from there the other nite. everything went smooth. they called me the next day to confirm everything.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I only ordered from them 1 time, will never do it again.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
every time i have found somthing in their catalog that i liked and tried to look it up online its NOT on their website!!for ex. the pro comp leveing kits,I just wanted to look online for a price and its not even listed!! that is a bunch of B.S IMOP!!!you have every right to be pissed off-call the corperate office and the BBB!!! plus i live in Missouri and the only freaking location they have near me is Indanapolis!! if they are such a "great shop" why not have a location in EVERY state? makes me go hmmmmmm?Good luck!!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JzJONATHAN
i just ordered rims and tires from there the other nite. everything went smooth. they called me the next day to confirm everything.
please dont get pissed when i say this, but they're probably calling back because they know they're hosing ya good! i have never found anything to be a good deal at that store. well they dont even have 1 store in Wisconsin. and with people buying EVERYTHING online these days, places better match or they wont get any business. my last rims and tires i bought for my silverado, i called the only rim and tire place near our town, and they gave me the "i cant even get them that cheap story" well ok buddy i guess i'll buy mine from them. ya whatever you cant, but you have 2 stores, drive a avalanche on 37's and a corvette, and who's making the money here? today people are way smarter with there money and willing to wait to have stuff rather than going up the street and just paying the bill.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:42 PM
i ordered mickeythompson classic lock 18inch rims with 33 inch baja claws, lugs and a recovery strap. wheels and tires mounted and balanced. total was $2363. If someone can find me a better deal, I will join your boycott and cancel my order. let me know

Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 PM
i ordered mickeythompson classic lock 18inch rims with 33 inch baja claws, lugs and a recovery strap. wheels and tires mounted and balanced. total was $2363. If someone can find me a better deal, I will join your boycott and cancel my order. let me know
Sure we'll get right on researching that for you....

Old 11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Alright... well I aint going to order it up for you but if you call Josh over at Sportztrailers.com (4th largest on ebay or something) and you tell him you are part of the F150online.com Forum he will hook you up. Call him, tell him what you ordered and for how much and I am SURE he will beat it. He might give you other options that will save you a ton of $$$ (he has for me). Plus he owns a F150... so he knows what we are talking about.
Josh @ 1-866-922-0093 ext 106. If he doesn't answer leave a detailed message with ALL your info (number and what not) and he will call you back. He not only calls to confirm, but he calls and wants to see pics when your done. Great guy.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:34 PM
OK so here is the update. I spent ~30 minutes on the phone yesterday with 4WP. I am pretty sure there are 3-4 people who now completely despise me. I was strung along with another bunch of lies like, they are below our cost, we don't have them, we do have them but only 2, then a few minutes later it turned into 3, we have 2, but someone has already bought them, we don't price match a Non-national company, the tires they sell MUST be blems, everyone getting the picture???? The biggest complaint they had was that $380 was their cost and could not possibly go lower. This is when at least 5-6 other websites are less than that and 3 local tire shops would beat that price. One shop told me the only reason he couldn't beat $320 was that he only sold about 10 of those tires a year. 4WP probably sells in the thousands. I finally hung up after waiting for some "Manager" to answer the phone. This place is awful. I ended up buying the tires yesterday from treadepot.com for $320 a tire, and no shipping. $1280 to the door for 35x12.50x20's Toyo M/Ts compared to $1700 @4WP AFTER their big 10% discount. I will be willing to help anyone find an alternative spot to buying their equipment for cheaper than buying from them...just PM me.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Suspended

I bought 35 mud grapplers and 20inch mm 951 , mounted balanced and shipped for $2000 at rimzoneonline.com. 4wp wanted $3000 or more i think. funny thing is i bought from the rimzone and had 4wp put them on when the did my lift that i bought from 4wheelonline.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Customer Service

Jeez...everything is about price, price, price.

Everyone says they want top notch "customer service" yet they want to beat these places to death for the giveaway price, play websites and shops against each other, and see just how little they can pay for parts. Anyone not willing to give away a part is "overpriced" and "screwing people." These places have to make money guys...how can you always expect people that are well-trained on the phone or the counter and ready to give you bubbling customer service when you're making the name of the game to see how low you can force them to go? Providing good customer service costs money. It's hard to have good people and do that when you're price matching some bonehead in his basement with a website who has no overhead and is willing to sell part #BR549 at $20 over his cost. It's not as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. Sure, there are some jackasses out there that do bad things, but retailers in our industry are generally GOOD PEOPLE trying to make money, take care of their families, and keep their stores open to give you a place to buy parts. It's harder for them every day.

It sounds like 4WP may be priced higher than competitors on some stuff...big deal. I'm not taking up for any of the lies or games that 4WP may have played here...there's still no excuse for that...but don't give me that "It's time for customer service" cliche. If it was truly about customer service for you, and not just a low ball price, you'd quit ****ing with these companies that offer all price and no service. You'd go to the websites or local shops known for knowing their stuff and providing good customer service before and after the sale...you'd pay a little more for it, but the guy on the counter would know your name, answer your questions truthfully and with good information...he'd take care of you. There is value in that...nobody wants to pay for it, but everybody wants to bitch when they don't get it.

PS. Do you know how much it costs to ship these big tires across the country? It aint cheap, trust me.

Last edited by F150BQ; 11-27-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Look, if you can't live up to the promises of your company, you deserve a lashing by the people who shop your store. If I actually believed that this company wasn't making ends meet, I wouldn't give them such a hard time. But at over $150 more PER tire....give me a freaking break. The deal was "find a lower deal" (which I did) and we'll meet or beat it (which they obviously don't uphold). Plain and simple its a scam. These guys are making a killing at your expense, my expense, and everyone else's who trusts that they are getting a "deal". Screw em.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by F150BQ
Jeez...everything is about price, price, price.

Everyone says they want top notch "customer service" yet they want to beat these places to death for the giveaway price, play websites and shops against each other, and see just how little they can pay for parts. Anyone not willing to give away a part is "overpriced" and "screwing people." These places have to make money guys...how can you always expect people that are well-trained on the phone or the counter and ready to give you bubbling customer service when you're making the name of the game to see how low you can force them to go? Providing good customer service costs money. It's hard to have good people and do that when you're price matching some bonehead in his basement with a website who has no overhead and is willing to sell part #BR549 at $20 over his cost. It's not as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. Sure, there are some jackasses out there that do bad things, but retailers in our industry are generally GOOD PEOPLE trying to make money, take care of their families, and keep their stores open to give you a place to buy parts. It's harder for them every day.

It sounds like 4WP may be priced higher than competitors on some stuff...big deal. I'm not taking up for any of the lies or games that 4WP may have played here...there's still no excuse for that...but don't give me that "It's time for customer service" cliche. If it was truly about customer service for you, and not just a low ball price, you'd quit ****ing with these companies that offer all price and no service. You'd go to the websites or local shops known for knowing their stuff and providing good customer service before and after the sale...you'd pay a little more for it, but the guy on the counter would know your name, answer your questions truthfully and with good information...he'd take care of you. There is value in that...nobody wants to pay for it, but everybody wants to bitch when they don't get it.

PS. Do you know how much it costs to ship these big tires across the country? It aint cheap, trust me.
Good post Seriously.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by dgoudeau
Look, if you can't live up to the promises of your company, you deserve a lashing by the people who shop your store. If I actually believed that this company wasn't making ends meet, I wouldn't give them such a hard time. But at over $150 more PER tire....give me a freaking break. The deal was "find a lower deal" (which I did) and we'll meet or beat it (which they obviously don't uphold). Plain and simple its a scam. These guys are making a killing at your expense, my expense, and everyone else's who trusts that they are getting a "deal". Screw em.
Like I said, I'm not necessarily taking up for 4WP...I'm certain that they list several stipulations to their price match policy on their website and if your request met all the criteria, they should uphold it. I didn't think that 4WP had a policy of beating a competitor's price, just matching it. Regardless of policy, a company should never lie to a customer though...

But if there's one thing I've learned it's that there is two sides to every story...

Respectfully, I still wonder why if one site was $150 per tire cheaper DELIVERED that you didn't just buy from that site? That is a huge difference. A difference, to be quite honest, that would lead me to believe that somebody somewhere made a mistake...either at 4WP or the competitive site. Who was the competitor? I haven't priced this tire you're talking about, so I could be off base, but a $600 price gap between retailers on the same 4 tires delivered is massive. Nobody in their right mind would price a set of tires either $600 higher than market, or $600 lower than market. One of the two parties is jacked. 4WP has been around the block and I'm sure that they haven't stayed in business by being unbelievably higher than competitiors on like parts, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have screwed up either. I'd expect someone to do some serious questioning if I called that one in though, seriously...

Old 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Update on my order from 4wheelparts. I called today to track the order that i place last week. They tell me that they wont have the tires in till the 17th of december and that i will get it after christmas. So said thats to long and that i will call them back. I called up josh at sportstrailerz.com and he told me he can have them to me by this tues for less than 4wheelparts $2185.

So i call back 4wheelparts to cancel. The 1st guy that answers tell me he cant cancel it that it has to be someone else to do it, so i can put on hold for 10 mins. Then finally someone gets to me and i tell him i want to cancel. He asks why and i tell him that i cant wait that long. He tells me why not. I said becuase it will be after christmas and i can get them somewhere else cheaper and faster. He then says fine and tell me you wont get your credit on ur card back untill 5 days and hangs up in a rude way. So thats how it went. Thier prices werent to bad but that way it ened was. I guess i wouldnt want to lose on a sale either. But they lost more than that from me. I will never shop there again.

Thanks Mercedestech for the referall.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by F150BQ
Respectfully, I still wonder why if one site was $150 per tire cheaper DELIVERED that you didn't just buy from that site? That is a huge difference. A difference, to be quite honest, that would lead me to believe that somebody somewhere made a mistake...either at 4WP or the competitive site. Who was the competitor? I haven't priced this tire you're talking about, so I could be off base, but a $600 price gap between retailers on the same 4 tires delivered is massive. Nobody in their right mind would price a set of tires either $600 higher than market, or $600 lower than market. One of the two parties is jacked. 4WP has been around the block and I'm sure that they haven't stayed in business by being unbelievably higher than competitiors on like parts, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't have screwed up either. I'd expect someone to do some serious questioning if I called that one in though, seriously...
I called 4WPs and Discount Tire in my area. The price difference with the same wheels and tires, mounted and balanced with chrome lug nuts and the lifetime warranty was more than $800. ($2172 vs $2982 out the door) The guy at DT told me about the hub rings for the Rockstars, while 4WPs never mentioned them. He said he wanted to make sure I understood they were going to be on the wheels in case I had to rotate them or change a tire myself. DT said the Toyo M/Ts were going to ride stiffer than the A/Ts because of the 10 Ply E rating of the tire, while 4WP said nothing about the ride quality. The ATs were $25 less per tire, so DT was not trying to make more money. I did not ask these questions, but I was given the input by DT as a normal course of business. He asked me questions about how I was going to use my truck and gave his opinion on what would work best for my situation. 4WPs just gave me a price and said to call back, as if he had something better to do besides talk to me on the phone.

I called 4WPs back and told them about the price difference and his excuse was DT gets the Toyos for a lot cheaper price then 4WPs. (Could be true...) I asked about the price match and he said his manager would have to call me back. (I am still waiting for a call...)

I am not sure about you, but paying $800 more out the door for the exact same product with "less" helpful advice is not my idea of good customer service. I have been in the 4WP store many times and they do not want to get to know you or call you by name. They want to sell you as much as possible and move on to the next paying customer. If you are not buying a huge lift, wheels and tires, they really do not even want to talk to you in the first place.

Many years ago they were a better with their customer service because they were the new guys in town, but they have gone downhill as they get bigger and bigger.

KR-Texas

Quick Reply: Boycott 4Wheelparts.com