Boycott 4Wheelparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone still want to make up excuses for 4WP??? And their "GREAT" customer service? Gimme a break...lol

Old 11-28-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Alright... well I aint going to order it up for you but if you call Josh over at Sportztrailers.com (4th largest on ebay or something) and you tell him you are part of the F150online.com Forum he will hook you up. Call him, tell him what you ordered and for how much and I am SURE he will beat it. He might give you other options that will save you a ton of $$$ (he has for me). Plus he owns a F150... so he knows what we are talking about.
Josh @ 1-866-922-0093 ext 106. If he doesn't answer leave a detailed message with ALL your info (number and what not) and he will call you back. He not only calls to confirm, but he calls and wants to see pics when your done. Great guy.
I don't trust sportztrailers as they tend to put generic pictures in their auctions. An example is this auction that shows a picture with leaf springs, but the description says that it has rear blocks.

Sportztrailers Ebay Auction

Granted, the auction does claim that the picture is generic, but this is bery misleading and someone less experienced might have missed this. How hard is it, really, to show the actual picture of the kit that Skyjacker has right on their webpage.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounds like I shouldn't have took up too much for 4WP...lol

I've never been in one of their stores (don't have one in KY). The $800 price difference is one thing (wow), but it sounds like more than one person here is calling out the same really bad service too. That's a shame.

Originally Posted by KR-Texas
I called 4WPs back and told them about the price difference and his excuse was DT gets the Toyos for a lot cheaper price then 4WPs. (Could be true...) I asked about the price match and he said his manager would have to call me back. (I am still waiting for a call...)
Respectfully KR...

It's obvious from your story that Discount Tire really did an awesome job giving you top-notch customer service in trying to get you the very best tire for your needs...you were obviously impressed, and that's cool...so why even bother with calling 4WP back? If 4WP had beat the Discount Tire price right there on the phone, would you buy from 4WP instead to save a buck? Eventhough they treated you like crap? When Discount Tire took the time to really treat you right and earn your business?

Old 11-29-2007, 12:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Strange.

The 4WP in my area is great, the staff is very nice. I ordered my intake from then, and they send me a 25$ gift card. So i drove down to the local 4WP, and the guys were very helpful. I bought a tow strap and hitch and some other stuff. I talked to them about lifts and they gave me decent price quotes on installation.

I guess it depends on where you live.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I don't trust sportztrailers as they tend to put generic pictures in their auctions. An example is this auction that shows a picture with leaf springs, but the description says that it has rear blocks.

Granted, the auction does claim that the picture is generic, but this is bery misleading and someone less experienced might have missed this. How hard is it, really, to show the actual picture of the kit that Skyjacker has right on their webpage.
I don't trust anything on E-bay. Thats why I call josh directly. Deal only with him, he gets you things at damn near cost and ships them directly to you. And do as you wish, but since the are the number 4 selling COMPANY on e-bay and one of the highest positive reviews... I will go ahead and trust em. Plus, like I said, just deal directly with Josh and skip the ebay store. He just gets you the parts through them or I think he uses Suspension and Off road performance (I could be wrong, but I think he said something like that). Do as you wish... I got a Fabtech 6" lift, new tires, new wheels, mag hytech tranny and diff pans, all for around 4k delivered. Pretty decent if ya ask me. Nothing was wrong and everything came when he said it would. Even offered to let me try the 3" block and if it was squatting in the back I could get the 5" for SUPER cheap

Last edited by MercedesTech; 11-29-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Customer Service Theory

About 20+ years ago I had an automotive performance supply company that was mail-order based. When a customer advised me that they could get the part cheaper someplace els, we would chat just for a minute about where it was who had the offer and i would make sure we were talking about the exact same item and possible additional required accessories which are sometimes required for installation, but not always mentioned to the customer but some retailers. If all was true, I would eat the difference (9 of 10 times) working under the assumption that I just kept a customer.

If the price was soooo ridiculous, I would call the other retailer, verify & inquire as to why the price difference. I a couple of cases, it was a close-out or an almost give-a-way in which I advised my customer of such and would send them a gift card for future purchases.

Just spending a little bit of time with people makes all the difference in the world. With all the on-line purchase now, I wish I would have kept the business since customer service is #1- with my good customers I would even tell em if another retailer was having a close-out sale on an item that I know they wanted and I couldn't come close to.....of course, those days are gone just like us ol dinasaurs!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I just had a guy at 4 Wheel Parts send me somewhere else to get my tires for less.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I would like to say its not about the money.. but when you are talking hundreds or thousands of dollars, to a guy like me, money is important. For 5 or 10 bucks, I'm going with the nicest guy. For $200 I'm going cheaper, if the product is of course the same and brand new. Who wouldn't? This is an internet company, I don't have a store near me. I will never see these people and vice versa. What matters is that it comes on time, at a good price, and is as advertised. That's the luxury of internet shopping.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4

this is true, and i try to fix as many as i can. it's not easy and i try my best to work with everyone on any kind of mistakes...

know what i LIKE in a company? someone who is honest with me and doesn't jerk my chain. i've been doing this about 2 years now and i can tell when someone is lying to me.

on ebay, if there is a phone number... always always call.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:25 PM
DRJ
Got my Bodylift from sportztrailers, great transaction!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Just bought a set of Rancho shocks from Josh (Sportztrailers) this morning. Price AND service were excellent. Go figure...

Old 11-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by F150BQ
Respectfully KR...

It's obvious from your story that Discount Tire really did an awesome job giving you top-notch customer service in trying to get you the very best tire for your needs...you were obviously impressed, and that's cool...so why even bother with calling 4WP back? If 4WP had beat the Discount Tire price right there on the phone, would you buy from 4WP instead to save a buck? Eventhough they treated you like crap? When Discount Tire took the time to really treat you right and earn your business?
No problem, it is a fair question.

I have owned trucks all my life and I have had good success with 4WPs in the past. My last 4x4 was a 2000 model, so I have not dealt with them in several years. After buying a new 4WD truck in October, I called them first because I was familiar with their company. I got the impression they really did not want to talk to me because I was only buying wheels and tires for $2900 without an expensive lift kit or other items. I stopped by a different 4WP store on my way home from work, but they also seemed too busy to talk to me about just buying wheels/tires. After getting the high price again, I asked about Procomp Xtreme Wheels and Tires. They offered a slightly better deal on a similar set of Procomps, but I did not really like them as much. In both cases, they asked for my home phone number so they knew I was a returning customer.

Afterwards, I called DT and another local tire dealer to check on their pricing. Since DT was so much lower, I decided to call 4WPs back to see if their initial pricing was a mistake. When they admitted DT gets the Toyos for a much lower cost, I asked about their price matching program. As a former customer of 4WP, I would have gladly paid a little more, but they never called me back about the price match. I have decided to give my business to DT because they are willing to work with new customers, while 4WPs does not seem to care much about former customers such as myself.

After reading some of the other posts in this thread and others, it seems to be a bad omen for them. You can only turn off so many people before the word gets around there are better places to shop for your 4x4 truck needs.

KR-Texas

Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Just an update on the Toyos I ordered from treadepot.com. Received my Toyo M/T's 2 days after I placed my order. No problems with the transaction or the tires. Great company, really nice on the phone, answers their emails daily. I don't think anyone should worry about this company, they seem reputable. When I called the guy said he had like 92 in stock and that he would get them out that PM. I had my tracking number that afternoon and the tires by my garage two days later. Highly recommended. Pics of them coming maybe tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
we have all been ripped off by 4 wheel parts. they have messed up several orders of mine and ive brought my truck in before and they forget to order all 4 tires.. Ive been fed up with them for a while.. So ya i would def go to corperate and to prove your point.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 AM
if the tires were on clearance at the other store then they cant price match. i work in a buisness where people always bitch about us not being able to price match another company that over stocked and is selling them below cost. its the way it works, they are supposed to beat the price, not the sale.
also im happy with 4wp i got me a set of pro comp a/t's cheaper there brand new then i would anywhere else

Quick Reply: Boycott 4Wheelparts.com