Boycott 4Wheelparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F150BQ
Jeez...everything is about price, price, price.

Everyone says they want top notch "customer service" yet they want to beat these places to death for the giveaway price, play websites and shops against each other, and see just how little they can pay for parts. Anyone not willing to give away a part is "overpriced" and "screwing people." These places have to make money guys...how can you always expect people that are well-trained on the phone or the counter and ready to give you bubbling customer service when you're making the name of the game to see how low you can force them to go? Providing good customer service costs money. It's hard to have good people and do that when you're price matching some bonehead in his basement with a website who has no overhead and is willing to sell part #BR549 at $20 over his cost. It's not as simple as some of you guys make it out to be. Sure, there are some jackasses out there that do bad things, but retailers in our industry are generally GOOD PEOPLE trying to make money, take care of their families, and keep their stores open to give you a place to buy parts. It's harder for them every day.

It sounds like 4WP may be priced higher than competitors on some stuff...big deal. I'm not taking up for any of the lies or games that 4WP may have played here...there's still no excuse for that...but don't give me that "It's time for customer service" cliche. If it was truly about customer service for you, and not just a low ball price, you'd quit ****ing with these companies that offer all price and no service. You'd go to the websites or local shops known for knowing their stuff and providing good customer service before and after the sale...you'd pay a little more for it, but the guy on the counter would know your name, answer your questions truthfully and with good information...he'd take care of you. There is value in that...nobody wants to pay for it, but everybody wants to bitch when they don't get it.

PS. Do you know how much it costs to ship these big tires across the country? It aint cheap, trust me.
I agree! The guys at 4wp do know my name and are very friendly and knowledgeable. The shop is 2 blocks from me and I do pay the extra coin to go there....sometimes they do kick me deals that are not advertised and give discounts without me even asking. I really appreciate their service....that does suck about the price matching though!

Old 12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
The tires were not on clearance, in fact the price on the tires were higher than probably 90% of the other online stores I looked at. And I'm not against an individual store, I can only speak about the online site. If you get good service at a store, keep going to it (as long as you're not getting the shaft on the price).

Old 12-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Went into our local 4WP yesterday to talk about some 4.56 gears... I told them up front I was only looking to get a quote and the guys there were very friendly. We spent a good 30 min discussing the different brands of gears and sizes. They even called up their gear guy to make sure all the info was correct and that I'd get everything I needed. When I told them they had an ad on their website for 50% off installation, they never questioned it, just immediately applied the discount to my quote.

As others have said, maybe it just depends on the store...

- NCSU

dgoudeau - what tires where you looking for in the OP?

Old 12-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dgoudeau
I would like to say its not about the money.. but when you are talking hundreds or thousands of dollars, to a guy like me, money is important. For 5 or 10 bucks, I'm going with the nicest guy. For $200 I'm going cheaper, if the product is of course the same and brand new. Who wouldn't? This is an internet company, I don't have a store near me. I will never see these people and vice versa. What matters is that it comes on time, at a good price, and is as advertised. That's the luxury of internet shopping.
well said. with the way society is, everything going up in price except are wage, people are looking for the dest deal. not mention if you buy it outta state their's no tax either. hey, 100 bucks savings is a full tank of gas.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Thats great there's nothing wrong with a company like that. Even If it was a little over priced too I would probably go there because of the service. But answer this: I recenlty called 4wp too ask for a quote on a body lift for my f150.
They said it would be $1300 plus the kit because it takes forever and they have to remove the rear carpet in the cab blah, blah, blah! I dont get it If 4wp parts has soo many stores across the U.S and are obviously making great deals of money off us truck fanatics why cant they give a way cheaper installation price or product price on equipment. Yet the little guy that sells the same stuff, installs the same products is able to make good money for his business and STILL sell his exact same products as 4wp cheaper????

I go to a truck accesories company down the road from me that sells ALL there truck products cheaper than 4wp and has great customer service. And no this company is not some guys garage at his house or some internet company trying to barely make any money from the product they sell. This place is way bigger amd way much nicer than 4wp. I will gladly be doing business with them more than I ever will with 4wp! Thats just my 2 cents!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:07 AM
PS. Do you know how much it costs to ship these big tires across the country? It aint cheap, trust me.

sure do. $90. kicks butt to have a freight deal worked out. and it's even cheaper for 4wp.

Quick Reply: Boycott 4Wheelparts.com