Boycott 4Wheelparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boycott 4Wheelparts.com

Okay I'm on my soapbox as of now. I have caught these guys in a string of lies. Two weeks ago I called 4WP and asked about a price match on a set of tires. The guy on the other end told me to hang on, he'd be right back. His response was that there was no manager there to approve the match. I gave him my name and number and waited for about 3 days with no response. So I called back. I asked the next guy the same question about a price match. He told me to hang on again. When he gets back on the phone, he states that there is a 4 month backorder on those tires and it would do no good to give me the price match, b/c he can't order them. So I start to get the feeling I'm getting screwed. I wait a few days and call back playing coy. I tell this guy, I need to buy these tires now, are they in stock. His response "SURE, we've got them!" Then I spring the "Do you price match question?" He says sure and asks for the price. I once again get put on hold. His response on return is that the price is too low and its below his cost, he cant do it. Now the price match is a "100% guarantee", not a maybe, could be, my manager is not in right now, they are out of stock guarantee. I'm calling corporate office on Monday and if that's not enough I guess its BBB time or something radical. Am I wrong for getting this pissed off?

Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if their price match is a true 100% guarantee.... that would be a true false advertisement right?....... if you can get the tires somewhere else... why not just order it from the place that has the low price?

Old 11-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by dgoudeau
Okay I'm on my soapbox as of now. I have caught these guys in a string of lies. Two weeks ago I called 4WP and asked about a price match on a set of tires. The guy on the other end told me to hang on, he'd be right back. His response was that there was no manager there to approve the match. I gave him my name and number and waited for about 3 days with no response. So I called back. I asked the next guy the same question about a price match. He told me to hang on again. When he gets back on the phone, he states that there is a 4 month backorder on those tires and it would do no good to give me the price match, b/c he can't order them. So I start to get the feeling I'm getting screwed. I wait a few days and call back playing coy. I tell this guy, I need to buy these tires now, are they in stock. His response "SURE, we've got them!" Then I spring the "Do you price match question?" He says sure and asks for the price. I once again get put on hold. His response on return is that the price is too low and its below his cost, he cant do it. Now the price match is a "100% guarantee", not a maybe, could be, my manager is not in right now, they are out of stock guarantee. I'm calling corporate office on Monday and if that's not enough I guess its BBB time or something radical. Am I wrong for getting this pissed off?
For the hell of it you might won't to try these calls again and tape them, backing up your so called proof to whoever you get a hold of at corporate.

Old 11-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Reason being guitar, is that they should also give a 10% discount in addition to meeting the lower price. I think...lol

Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm with you. If they don't want to price match, they shouldn't advertise it. I think I'd keep trying to get them to price match and still order them from the other company.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Suspended
ive modified every truck i've had so far, this one counts 6 and i've never yet found 4WP's to be cheapest on anything. i get there offroad venture catalog in the mail and they have store pics and whatnot in there, by the looks of some of their employees, they couldnt rotate the tires on a wheelchair, let alone dissasemble my entire IFS suspension and expect me to drive it home. if they have a 100% guarntee then i would go down and bitch! and then say that your gonna call the better business bureau for false advertising and the corporate headquarters.

Last edited by ATOM; 11-25-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I support you. I hate it when ppl think they can do what ever and get over.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:46 PM
What was the company that you wanted to match the price with? Any reason why you couldn't just go with that company?

Old 11-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah im sick of 4wp. I love their magazines to look at the different things they have but their prices are way to high for me!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
defenitely complain. the run around your getting is BS and their prices are way to high as it is. i called about a 6" lift for my truck, they said it would be $1800 plus the price of install. i called another shop and they said the same kit is $1800 installed.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey expy,
I was looking at treadepot.com. They are $320 per tire and $12 per tire shippng. My cost=$1328 to the door. 4wp = something like $470 a tire. The tire shop in town said they would also meet the $320 a tire, so I highly doubt that price is above the cost 4wp is saying they pay. I'll keep everyone updated on the highjinks they try to pull tomorrow.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Suspended
its big business guys, FU to the little guy. well enough little guys can take down the big guy!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
When the price of the same wheels and tires was $800 more at 4WPs, the guy told me he would have to talk with his manager and call me back. He never did call, so I am just going to buy them from the other dealer in town.

It is not worth the hassle for the extra 10%, plus I have read other posts about them not backing their tire warranties, etc.

KR-Texas

Old 11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
No you are not over reacting, yes you have every right to be pissed. From what I hear these places are over priced, rude, poor customer service, and just all around crummy. Its too bad (since they are everywhere) but I am down. I Haven't ordered much from them anyway so im sure they wont miss me, but lets start a boycott, get a bunch of people on here to sign up, then maybe we can get some customer service back (IMO customer service is the next most important thing to running a busniess, right behind quality work)

Old 11-26-2007, 06:39 PM
IN! I have no reason to ever order from 4wp, they are the most expensive place for everything I've ever looked at. Not honoring their "guarantee" is chicken**** too.

Quick Reply: Boycott 4Wheelparts.com