Discount Tire

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discount Tire

I finally had my Toyo OC MT mounted about two weeks ago and realized when I got home they had mounted two tires different that the other two. I took it back last week and had two flipped so the sidewalls would match. I remove a rear tire to check the rear brakes and hear what I presume to be a valve stem in the tire. Should I return to have the object remove from the tire or just forget it? I really want it gone, but if it will not hurt anything I don't want the hassle of going back to discount to bitch again.

Thanks.

Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
thats what warranty is for

Originally Posted by Shuler
I finally had my Toyo OC MT mounted about two weeks ago and realized when I got home they had mounted two tires different that the other two. I took it back last week and had two flipped so the sidewalls would match. I remove a rear tire to check the rear brakes and hear what I presume to be a valve stem in the tire. Should I return to have the object remove from the tire or just forget it? I really want it gone, but if it will not hurt anything I don't want the hassle of going back to discount to bitch again.

Thanks.
take it back...

Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Take it back and talk to the manager (if you want). They need to know the type of work their employees are performing. They need to be more careful. You and your family's life rides on that vehicle. The last thing you want is a blowout because someone did not pay attention to what they were doing. I know it seems like a hassle to go back since you are seen as a complainer, but you have legitimate concerns. Or go to another discount tire center to have work completed. You paid for service and tires, not spare parts.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Thanks. That was my instinct, but did not want to be wrong. Guess I'll check the other tire just in case.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 PM
What exactly are you hearing? Its coming from the tire?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I removed a rear tire and hear, what I presume to be a valve stem bouncing around in it when it was rolled across the garage floor. I do not hear any thing while driving.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:48 PM
oh i gotcha, ya i would take that back ASAP

Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
I returned it to Discount and it was not a valve stem in the tire it was a wheel weight. Amazing they ever got it to balance. Wait, it didn't balance because my truck doesn't vibrate running down the road now. One of the guys even admitted whoever mounted it was probably too lazy to take it out when he dropped it in there or couldn't get it to balance.

I was rather pissy when I went in, but they got me out in about 20-30 minutes even though they were busy as hell. 10 of those were spent waiting to be helped.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Return

You dont know what is in the tire and a wheel weight could cause you to have a blow out. I worked for Sears as a tire installer and have seen the inside of a tire torn up by debri spinning in the tire. It can be very dangerous cause you are doing millions of revolutions a day driving.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by ScrewedUPF150
You dont know what is in the tire and a wheel weight could cause you to have a blow out. I worked for Sears as a tire installer and have seen the inside of a tire torn up by debri spinning in the tire. It can be very dangerous cause you are doing millions of revolutions a day driving.
I took it back and the offending object was a weight. Weight removed, no more issue other than it shouldn't have been left in there in the first place.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire