Need High performance Roters and Pads.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need High performance Roters and Pads.

I've heard that Powerslots and Hawk pads are a really good rotor and pad combo. But are there any other better quality Rotors (slotted & drilled) and pads out there? I just want the best for my truck! Planning on doing this right after I re-gear.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:10 PM
www.rotorpros.com

drilled slotted and poweder coated is $400 for all 4 and they ship next day usually, unlike powerslot, they are worth every penny i love them they really helped with high speed stopping, makes it much more comfortable driving over 120mph

Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
www.rotorpros.com

drilled slotted and poweder coated is $400 for all 4 and they ship next day usually, unlike powerslot, they are worth every penny i love them they really helped with high speed stopping, makes it much more comfortable driving over 120mph
What kind of pads are you running with them and which options would you get??

CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED
CROSS DIMPLED AND SLOTTED
DRILLED ONLY
SLOTTED ONLY

P.S. More importantly how is the dust....and do they squeak on occation??

Last edited by Quickerthanu; 12-05-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
www.rotorpros.com

Just curious, are you talking about going 120 mph in an F-150 ?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:06 PM
If the rotors are drilled,BE SURE they have been cryo treated. Dimpled is better,no stress cracking.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
BuY Oem Parts And Go Eat Some Gravy, Or, Do Some Squats!

If The Brakes Don't Stand You On The Nose, Press Harder With The Nancy Foot Pressure!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Shrkbait
ON THE STRIP IT IS POSSIBLE, WITH A BUNCH ON NANNY GOATS. TAKES MY STOCK 3/4 MILE TO GET TO 95 THOUGH. 4.6 THAT IS. LMAO!

MORE POWER TO YA!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
If you want real high performance brakes, get a actual kit like Brembo, which have the larger rotors and more piston calipers. In my opinion, slotted and cross drilled rotors of the stock size are theory overkill for a pick up truck. Benefits seen on a race track? Probably, but main street, how much brakes could you need in a day to day world? I suggest a good rotor yes but a good pad is even more important. I don't like ceramics, they seem waaay to hard on rotors, semi-metallics work great. It all depends on what you're going for. If you got nice rims and can see the rotors, who cares, get cross and slotted for the bling. In my opinion, they aren't going to hurt or help braking, just look cooler. If you have to worry about stopping from 120 mph on a regular basis, you don't deserve to have good brakes, I'll see you on Youtube soon enough.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:28 PM
I shouldve been more specific. I pull a 16 foot landscape trailer and with the trailer brakes turned all the way up I still have some problems stopping. Im also planning on getting bigger tires soon so I was worried about even more weight to stop. Thanks for the reply's guys. And My truck tops out at 100, I cant get up to 120. Not that I have ever tried.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu
What kind of pads are you running with them and which options would you get??

CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED
CROSS DIMPLED AND SLOTTED
DRILLED ONLY
SLOTTED ONLY

P.S. More importantly how is the dust....and do they squeak on occation??
ok well i am just running normal pads from pedboys, im going to ceramic next time. the dust isnt bad at all. after a very hard stop they squeak once or twice but not with normal driving. o and i got the drilled and sloted and powdercoated black

Originally Posted by Shrkbait
yes

Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
If you want real high performance brakes, get a actual kit like Brembo, which have the larger rotors and more piston calipers. In my opinion, slotted and cross drilled rotors of the stock size are theory overkill for a pick up truck. Benefits seen on a race track? Probably, but main street, how much brakes could you need in a day to day world? I suggest a good rotor yes but a good pad is even more important. I don't like ceramics, they seem waaay to hard on rotors, semi-metallics work great. It all depends on what you're going for. If you got nice rims and can see the rotors, who cares, get cross and slotted for the bling. In my opinion, they aren't going to hurt or help braking, just look cooler. If you have to worry about stopping from 120 mph on a regular basis, you don't deserve to have good brakes, I'll see you on Youtube soon enough.
im just thank god i had them when that dear jumped out in front of me when, saved the dear and my truck and possibly me and my passengers

also with these brakes its now a little safer to drive at higher speeds.....

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by 05'ThumpinSTX
I shouldve been more specific. I pull a 16 foot landscape trailer and with the trailer brakes turned all the way up I still have some problems stopping. Im also planning on getting bigger tires soon so I was worried about even more weight to stop. Thanks for the reply's guys. And My truck tops out at 100, I cant get up to 120. Not that I have ever tried.
Do you haul more than 1/2 ton?

I have preached all the time, have the right tool for the job!

Can't expect a 1/2 ton truck to stop more than it weighs. You can modify, YES, BUT, all over purpose is neglected.

Just my opinions, I will read hate replies, but, no guaranteed replies! Opinions are like a$$ holes, EVERYONE HAS ONE!

Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I usually haul about 2 pallets of pavers, or 3 yards of topsoil, or 10 yards of mulch. Haha sorry idk about how much all of it weighs. But yes good point. I guess im buying another dump truck in the spring.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by 05'ThumpinSTX
I usually haul about 2 pallets of pavers, or 3 yards of topsoil, or 10 yards of mulch. Haha sorry idk about how much all of it weighs. But yes good point. I guess im buying another dump truck in the spring.
LOL. I couldn't guess either. LOL

If anything, I would look more into the trailer beakes. The truck brakes are only meant to stop it's weight and the advised towing capabilities.

But I have always said, "BIG TRUCK, BIG BRAKES" LMAO

A dump truck would be a good relief on your F-150.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a set of Cryo slotted rotors, Hawk pads, and S.S.B.C 3 piston front calipers for sale in the classifieds. Paid over $1700 a month ago. Asking $1200 shipped

Old 12-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Quick Reply: Need High performance Roters and Pads.