06 brake failure,anyone else had this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 brake failure,anyone else had this?

06 f150 lariat,bought new last year, 20,000 kms, lots of other problems but this one nearly killed me! started the truck, small stumble & the motor didnt catch, restarted it & had a smell of burned oil, drove on the main street, went to stop & no vacuum assist! locked the parking brake & slid to a stop 4" from a line of cars!! WHEW towed to the dealer, 3 days later they tell me its my fault because i carry a lot of weight in my canopy?? their explanation is as follows:the extra weight causes excessive blowby which deposits oil in the intake manifold, this oil deteriorates the vacuum hose for the brake booster ?swells it up and it pops off, they put an "updated part" which is a hose clamp & a new hose, they managed to "slip it through on warranty" even though it was totally my fault!i want to know if this is a common problem, has anyone else had this & be aware. The end came off below the intake manifold & manifold had to be removed to access & replace.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 AM
sounds like a load of crap to me

Old 12-08-2007, 06:13 AM
X2 on the load of crap!

Old 12-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Huge load of crap... fending off potential law suit. (unless you really have too much weight in the "canopy").

Old 12-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 1stcall
06 f150 lariat,bought new last year, 20,000 kms, lots of other problems but this one nearly killed me! started the truck, small stumble & the motor didnt catch, restarted it & had a smell of burned oil, drove on the main street, went to stop & no vacuum assist! locked the parking brake & slid to a stop 4" from a line of cars!! WHEW towed to the dealer, 3 days later they tell me its my fault because i carry a lot of weight in my canopy?? their explanation is as follows:the extra weight causes excessive blowby which deposits oil in the intake manifold, this oil deteriorates the vacuum hose for the brake booster ?swells it up and it pops off, they put an "updated part" which is a hose clamp & a new hose, they managed to "slip it through on warranty" even though it was totally my fault!i want to know if this is a common problem, has anyone else had this & be aware. The end came off below the intake manifold & manifold had to be removed to access & replace.
it happened to me, but my dealer never said anyting about oil build up or anything. just a vac line busted.......

Old 12-08-2007, 08:29 AM
...3 days later they tell me its my fault because i carry a lot of weight in my canopy??

Its a TRUCK!!!! Its supposed to be able to carry lots of weight.

Where's that dealer so others can stay away from it.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by ramnj
Its a TRUCK!!!! Its supposed to be able to carry lots of weight.

Where's that dealer so others can stay away from it.
Well, YES, it is a truck, but, certain vehicles are meant to HANDLE certain WEIGHT. Hence, 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton, so on, and, so on.

This is told to you in the manual and on the sticker in the door.

I do, however, still think the dealer, (AKA-STEALER) is jerking you around.

BTW! I think I have that "UPDATED PART" laying around in my tool box somewhere! I can "SLIP IT THROUGH", and say HERE YOU GO MAN! LMAO

X2 on the locality of this STEALER, to steer any unexpectin prey from the place!

Old 12-08-2007, 11:49 AM
how many km on your truck?had the dealer heard of this before?did your truck backfire or not start before the brake failure?this dealer is in canada,richmond bc to be precise & i bought the truck brand new,factory ordered with every single option including maximum extended warranty.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

how many km on your truck?had the dealer heard of this before?did your truck backfire or not start before the brake failure?this dealer is in canada,richmond bc to be precise & i bought the truck brand new,factory ordered with every single option including maximum extended warranty.
mine had about 14k miles, and yes didnt want to start.........i had to try like 4 times to get it to and then it idled rough........and when i approached the gates to leave the complex........no brakes.....i did the same as u and used the parking break..........they never said if they heard of it..........had to order the part so i doubt it was common.....they usually keep parts for common problems......mine was bought brand new also 3 miles on the clock.......

Quick Reply: 06 brake failure,anyone else had this?