Tire chains

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah..its going to be three couples so i could probably put everyones boards and stuff in my bed with the bed net to get enough weight.

so for the chains? better/cheaper to get them online or at like a local napa,etc?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure about where's cheaper. However, like one of the members mentioned, call and check what kragen and napa's return policy is on chains. If you don't use them you could return them. You can't do that if you get them online. I pretty sure chain's are cheaper cable's though.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
oh ya. It would be a good idea to get a tarp to put under your bed net to protect your gear if it does snow or rain.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
ok thanks for the info guys..as you can tell i was a snow driving newbie. if the plan comes through ill call up the local places and get prices and return policies.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:48 PM
MSH
///

Last edited by MSH; 03-10-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
ill definately get something to cover the stuff up if we go. and i might pick up a little sand just in case

Old 12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
madmaxwell87:

I have Commercial Cam chains which are different from most and cost around $130. per a set of 2. They fit my 18 inch wheels and do not dig into the side wall because of the 4 cams on each chain. I 4-wheel in the high country of Colorado and have had to chain up on all fours to get out. You must have commercial stretchers that should come with these chains. Other cheap chains will either damage your sidewall or could come loose and damage an axel or your body.

If you don't know what your doing with chains, it might be a good idea not to get them. I only use them when it is the last option and then only to get thru the problem area and then off they come. I can chain up and chain off in just a few short minutes but have done it many times over the years.

Lived in Sacramento and the Bay Area while recovering from Viet Nam injuries (Oak Knoll Naval Hospital) or while getting my education from Cal State Univ at Sacramento. Regularly drove to Tahoe to ski with a friend whose family had a home right next to the slopes. Never had to use chains but back then could use studded tires. California may have banned these, check it out.
Colorado has always been my home except for my military and educational years. Semper Fi

Quick Reply: Tire chains