Need Help!!! Cant get rotors on front...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!! Cant get rotors on front...

Hey guys I have a 2002 Ford Lightning. Im trying to put and a set of drilled and slotted rotors, but the the brake pad braket will not fit between the spindle and the rotor. The rotors I am us are from summit racing part no.
SUM-DSEP-54068L, AND SUM-DSEP-54068R. According to their website these rotors should fit. Is there anybody that has had this problem, or do I just need to file down the bracket to get it to clear the rotor? Please someone let me know if you can help this is my third pair of rotors and there is only one option left. I dont want to keep going to summit and getting different rotors everyweekend! Please help if you can. Thanks

Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my opinion, the new ones should go on the same as the old ones came off. If everything doesn't fit "EXACTLY" like it did when you took it apart, you have the wrong part. Don't "FILE" anything to make it work.

I say just go get you a set of genuine ford rotors for it. They cost just as much, so, your pocket will be just as light. They have stopped it thus far.

Quick Reply: Need Help!!! Cant get rotors on front...