Toyo MT's Off-roading peformance!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyo MT's Off-roading peformance!!!!

I did a little playing in the mud last night for the first time I got the 35 12.5 MT's on. (I know it's worthless without pics, but didn't know anyone to ask to take the pics for me and this thread is more for the performance of the tires). After hearing some negative things about their off-road performance I have to now DISAGREE with everything I've heard. THEY WERE GREAT! The worst was deep mud a little past my step bars and after dropping it in 4hi I crawled right out with NO problems or slipping. I reiterate the fact that I do LOVE my tires. Great on-road manners, and now first hand experience on GREAT off-road capabilities!!! I'll take my fiance` next time so she can take some good pics of it.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Tell her to bring a tow strap.

JMC

PS. ½ the battle is having confidence in the tires.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by JMC

JMC

How is the tow strap going to help? Is he just going to hook it to his wife and tell her to pull?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:46 PM
i have to agree with you. i just came back from south padre island this weekend and i had a blast offroading in deep sand. i had no problems with them at all! here in texas it is illegal to offroad in dunes but that didnt stop me from having a little fun

Old 02-11-2008, 06:52 PM
That's great to hear. Now hopefully people on this forum won't think they suck in the mud because one guy didn't like them

Old 02-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I have Cooper STTs (very similar tread pattern) and they are better than decent in mud and deep stuff. Of course they aren't going to be Swampers or anything but they are very capable offroad with decent on-road manners... just as they are designed.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Melovidov21
I have Cooper STTs (very similar tread pattern) and they are better than decent in mud and deep stuff. Of course they aren't going to be Swampers or anything but they are very capable offroad with decent on-road manners... just as they are designed.
I definately aggree. THey aren't swampers and if you plan to run a mud buggy or something then I wouldn't suggest the Toyo's, but for my daily driver and some fun on the weekends, I think the TOYO is an awesome tire. As many people on this forum tha thave them, I'm sure they've got to be on to something.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Jmc

Originally Posted by JMC

JMC

Why....are you going to be there with your rig????

Quick Reply: Toyo MT's Off-roading peformance!!!!