Time for new tires!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Time for new tires!

I did a quick "Lincoln Test" on my tires. They are just barely showing his receding hair line, so I just slapped a new set of tires on my "Next 5 things to get" list. I really love the Michelins, they lasted longer than the Firestones that came with it and the Goodyears my dad put on when he heard about the firestone recall. Now the Michelins are soon to go and I'm wondering is there a good set of Michelins for heavy trucks/SUV that are better than the RadialX Cross-Terrains I have on now? I saw a ThunderRoad come in today at work and it had on a nice set of M's with a beautiful tread pattern. Also any special type that would prove superior for gas mileage? Thanks all!

Old 02-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
I did a quick "Lincoln Test" on my tires. They are just barely showing his receding hair line, so I just slapped a new set of tires on my "Next 5 things to get" list. I really love the Michelins, they lasted longer than the Firestones that came with it and the Goodyears my dad put on when he heard about the firestone recall. Now the Michelins are soon to go and I'm wondering is there a good set of Michelins for heavy trucks/SUV that are better than the RadialX Cross-Terrains I have on now? I saw a ThunderRoad come in today at work and it had on a nice set of M's with a beautiful tread pattern. Also any special type that would prove superior for gas mileage? Thanks all!
I would go with some Nitto TG's. They should last longer than the Michelin's and are much cheaper. Plus they look awesome.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:36 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recommend the Nitto tgs as well. They are a very good tire with a good life to them. Very reasonably priced too. I can sell a set if you like. Just shoot me a pm and i will take care fo you.

Quick Reply: Time for new tires!