Road Force Blanacing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road Force Blanacing?

I get a slight vibration with my new tires around 60 mph. It happense occasionally, but more often than not. I'm not sure if it's road conditions or what, but I'll attribute it to the tires since I never had it before, and they just lubed my slip yoke last time I was at the dealer. I'm thinking I might take them back to the place that did the balancing and have them re-check them, or perhaps see about getting them road-force balanced.

About road force balancing - what's the difference? I hear people talk about how it's better than regular balancing and all - how so? And is it considerably more expensive than regular balancing? And should I just call tire places and ask if they road force balance?

Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
Cool. How about price? Is it more expensive than a normal balance? Any ballpark figure of what I'd be looking to spend?
I think regardless I'll take it to where I had them balanced originally to see what they have to say first.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tardman91
Cool. How about price? Is it more expensive than a normal balance? Any ballpark figure of what I'd be looking to spend?
I think regardless I'll take it to where I had them balanced originally to see what they have to say first.
Yes it is more expensive, I believe mainly due to the setup. Reg balance is about $9-10 each. I believe the road force is around $40 each, but don't quote me. The only time I had to have it was free due to new tire problems. Honestly, if you do not have a problem after a regular balance, you do not need the road force. If it is been more than a few thousand miles, since your last balance, do a regular first. Uneven dire wear, etc will cause them to go out of balance. Things like emergency stops, peeling out will cause that kind of wear.

Quick Reply: Road Force Blanacing?