Help with new rims.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with new rims.....

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the truck thing and have a question about rims. I just recently put new 285/70r17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock 17"
wheels for my 2003 Scab FX4. I am wanting to get new rims on it, keeping the 17", but would like them to offset just a little bit, but not too much. Anyone have any suggestions on a good rim with backspacing to offset them from the body.....I have leveled it already. I will try and get pics posted of the truck so maybe someone can give some suggestions about what would look best, but I need my wife to help me get those pics on here But until then to give an idea it is a silver truck with the dark gray accent stripe at the bottom, and has chrome running boards, chrome bull bar, and bright aluminum diamond plate toolbox.....so basically I am saying I am looking for a chrome rim, and want to keep with the off-road look. Any suggestions.....and like I said I am new, so I will try and get those pics posted ASAP

Old 02-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you go with a 17x9 inch wheel with 5 inches of backspacing, which is a very commom specification, they will stick out 2 inches farther than your OEM wheels. With you color combo, chrome or black would look great. Eagle Alloy, Pro Comp and KMC all make great looking off road style wheels.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Hey, thanks for the help. I will look into some of those styles...

Old 02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
i agree with wandell. mine have 4.75" backspacing which i think is perfect but i doubt the .25" would ever be noticed.

Quick Reply: Help with new rims.....