replace or turn rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
replace or turn rotors?

Well ive fallen behind in regular maintanece on the truck with all the modding ive been doing. When I took my rear wheels off yesterday I noticed that my rear brakes had NO PADS! the rotors are pretty torn up, but nothing that couldnt be turned, In my haste though i ordered up powerslots for all 4 corners. Kinda kicking myself in the butt for buying so quick. I have read some threads that claim powerslots will help aid in longer pad life, and stop better, etc, etc....Will it really help in stopping 37's+ or will they be eaten just as fast as if i had stock rotors? In short do I keep the 400 dollar (expensive) powerslots or turn the rears to remove the grooves, then turn the front for a new surface?? The pads are going to be carquest blue semi's...

Old 02-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO really, the only way to get real braking improvements is to get a Brembo kit or whatever has larger calipers and rotors, SSBC maybe too? But I'd just turn what you have. It will save alot of money to just turn them, especially the rears. To get all new rotors will cost quite a bit anyways, probably 250 bucks I'd say for all 4 so do what you want and feel is right. Whatever you can afford man, if the Powerslots can easily be afforded, by all means, put them on. If you're existing rotors aren't warped or not much and there is a lot of material still on them, have them turned. Myself, hearing gas is going to retardo levels this year, I'm $aving where possible.

Quick Reply: replace or turn rotors?