OE BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires cracking after 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i posted on march 28 saying that i had been in contact with bfg about these tires. well as today they (bfg and dealer) are still dragging their feet. i will be buying new tires this week if bfg and the dealer doesn't want to acknowledge
these tires are a p.o.s ! next tires will be nitto terra grapplers.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ohmyf150
When washing the truck this past weekend, I noticed the tires were cracking along the side where the tread blocks met the sidewall. There were also some minor cracks between the treads (all 4 are doing this). I stopped by the local ford dealer to have them take a look and they agreed that there is a problem with the tires and they will replace all 4 tires no charge.

The point of this post is take a look at your factory tires. I am also extremely impressed with the dealer / Ford on this. My truck is 14 months old, has 30,000 KM and they are replacing them all 100% free of charge. At most, I expected the tire replacement to be prorated. (avg 7/32 tread left on them)
Maybe this has something to do with Ford's past tire issues? Who knows... I'm happy!
What would you prefer Michellin tires of BF Goodrich. I haven't used BFG before :o Michellin had a research about tweel that does not require air.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 06-27-2009 at 09:48 AM. Reason: TOU
Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 PM
I ended up getting another set of BF Goodrich's. I got the All Terrain TA's as I wanted an LT tire.
The Rugged Trails might not have been a bad tire but I think these trucks are just too heavy for them. Yes, I know Ford obviously would have done the math and the tires would have sufficient weight rating for the truck but I think is a P rated tire is a little too light for this truck especially when towing / hauling on a regular basis. The thing is just damn heavy!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM
BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A Tire issues

I am having the same issue. All four BF Goodrich Rugged Trail T/A tires have many small cracks along base of tread and all throughout tread. Went to the dealership today and they said they are not covered because the cracks are due to weathering. I have an '08 F150 with 7 months and 30 000 Kms left on the total warranty. Guess the "Total warranty" might not be as total as I thought. I should not have to replace the tires after only 32 000 kms! very frustrating. Doesn't help that the manager on duty was on his way out 20 minutes early and couldn't stick around to talk to me. Not too sure if he even really looked into any potential issues with these tires.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Exact same problem here. I bought my truck used two years ago and they (BFG Rugged Trail A/T) were cracked bad then with only 17k on them. I am now shopping around for new tires and I'm thinking about Firestone DestinationA/T's for $194.99 each. Tying to keep the price under $200 each.

Quick Reply: OE BFGoodrich Rugged Trail tires cracking after 1 year