ABS light problems on an 04 w/SSBC kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS light problems on an 04 w/SSBC kit

Hi, I'm new to this forum and recently picked up an 04 f-150 with the front SSBC kit. The ABS light comes on when I'm driving, and then the check engine light will come on AND THEN after I go over 45mph, the tool (fix) light comes on. When this happens, the car feels sluggish and won't accelerate worth a damn. I ran the codes and go P2106 (something like that) and it said throttle control, limited power, or something to that effect.

Where should I start in the brake system to remedy the problem? The brakes feel fine except for the pedal feeling a little easy to press in. Oddly enough I got a car wash the other day and the lights didn't come on for 3 days so I was thinking that it may be a sensor of some sort maybe? Or could be pure coincedence. What are some common problems with the brake systems on these cars?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
the abs is going off MOST LIKELY because you are running two different diameter size tires. mine went off when I tried to run 32's up front and 29's out back.. thats probably the abs problem unless the ssbc kit doesnt have an abs sensor built into the hub.... but I'm pretty sure most of the guys building big break kits (baer, brembo etc) are making them abs friendly, you also might need to have the system re-bled, the engine code might be totally unrelated. it might be something as simple as needing a custom tune. for the intake

Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by AnthonyV8
Hi, I'm new to this forum and recently picked up an 04 f-150 with the front SSBC kit. The ABS light comes on when I'm driving, and then the check engine light will come on AND THEN after I go over 45mph, the tool (fix) light comes on. When this happens, the car feels sluggish and won't accelerate worth a damn. I ran the codes and go P2106 (something like that) and it said throttle control, limited power, or something to that effect.

Where should I start in the brake system to remedy the problem? The brakes feel fine except for the pedal feeling a little easy to press in. Oddly enough I got a car wash the other day and the lights didn't come on for 3 days so I was thinking that it may be a sensor of some sort maybe? Or could be pure coincedence. What are some common problems with the brake systems on these cars?
Anthony,
based on this post you are going to need a lot of information if you don't want your truck to become a money pit..
Your truck is no longer stock so many things will not apply. If you want detailed help you can email me and call me if you like.

Quick Reply: ABS light problems on an 04 w/SSBC kit