OEM wheels color mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008 | 07:48 PM
|
Well its lookin like i have a nice project for the first few weeks of being home for the summer! haha

Still would like more opinions people, so far everyone thinks it is a great idear!

Last edited by NYfordguy; 04-18-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:48 PM
Hey NYFordGuy, i did the same mod on a set of rims a few months back. The job very easy, just time consuming. I painted the backdrops of mine gunmetal grey to match my trim. I used duplicolor wheel paint found at advance auto and auto zone. Also use the aircraft stripper at auto zone. My buddy helped me and wrote a thread for it. Just search for chester8420, and i will try to post the thread link on here for you. If youo have anymore questions shoot me an e-mail and i will help as much as i can. Oh yeah, do the black it will look sick.

Old 04-18-2008 | 09:52 PM
heres the link to the thread.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ht=chester8420

BTW i have all the paint and stuff to do it with if you want me to snap a few pics of them for you.
Mark

Old 04-19-2008 | 01:22 PM
|
Originally Posted by romedawg351
heres the link to the thread.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ht=chester8420

BTW i have all the paint and stuff to do it with if you want me to snap a few pics of them for you.
Mark
Hey Mark, thanks for the link! I'll be looking into this as a guide! I think I emailed you a long while ago and inquired about your wheels because I remembered reading about them! Awesome job!

I do have a few questions that i wasn't sure about in your thread.

How did you remove the oxidation? With wetsanding or just a polishing compound like the product 3M makes?

And did you use a polishing ball like mothers power ball to polish the wheel or something else?

Thanks!

Last edited by NYfordguy; 04-19-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: OEM wheels color mod?