100K time for Drilled and slotted rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100K time for Drilled and slotted rotors

After a 100K miles, it's time for new rotors and pads for my '01 F-150 5.4L 4x4 truck. I have chosen to go with drilled and slotted rotors from Brake Performance. If you have ever driven in the mountains, you know what heat does to your brakes. Even down shifting doesn't completely eliminate the need to use the brakes going down hill. If you're towing a trailer with brakes, the trailer brakes will help. Heat is your brakes worst enemy. That's what bakes do. They convert the energy of motion into drag and produce heat in the process. The better the rotors and pads dissipate that heat the better they work. That's why I'm going back with cross drilled and slotted rotors with Pfc-Carbon-Metalic pads.

Some will say this is a waste of money. Well, it's my money to waste.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Have you looked into the Rotorpros.com rotors. Get the premium one very good quality and very reasonably priced. Give Rich a call

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks Richard.

They didn't list any rotors for an '01 on their website. I have already ordered the rotors. I should have them next week. If the quality isn't there, I'll return them. I'm in California and they are right down the street from here.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Your Welcome

Quick Reply: 100K time for Drilled and slotted rotors