Need some advice on brakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008 | 09:59 AM
|
Need some advice on brakes

I hate to say it, but I do not know much about brakes. My 2005 ( approx 35k miles ), I just had the rears re-done and the pads on the front. Here now, about 3 weeks later, the fronts are "squeaking" when i come to a stop. My mechanic, who I trust, is telling me that when they did the brake job that he saw no reason to hit me with the cost of re-doing the rotors on the front....they seemed fine. Well last night, he tells me that the rotors are a re little warped and that is where the squeak is coming from. He said it will not hurt anything, but it is as annoying as hell. It is about 500.00 bucks to change them out.

Does this sound right? Can anyone suggest anything?

John

Old 04-18-2008 | 10:06 AM
Warped rotors would to me give a pulsating upon braking, not so much a squeek. To have the rotors trued up and cut wouldn't be that much, R&R about 100 bucks and an hour to do it. It's hard to tell noises but alot of it has to do with where they put lubrication on the pads or if they did all the places they are supposed to. Every spot the pad contacts other than the obvious friction face.

Quick Reply: Need some advice on brakes