How would Procomp 7005's look...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How would Procomp 7005's look...

I really like the Procomp 7005's... how do you think they would look on my truck? Anyone here good at photoshopping ?

I already purchased some Mickey Thompson ATZ 325/60/18's to put on them. I was going to buy some other rims from a friend but he decided to keep them so now I'm back on the market for some black rims (with just a little chrome).

Is the finish on the 7005 rims glossy, or more flat?

(not pictured here or in my gallary photo's, but my windows are blacked out now)
And I also want to black out my headlights and fogs to go w/ the black rims..

Last edited by jcomar1; 05-18-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think they will look fine. There is one member here with a set of those. Check Pro Comp's website to make sure, but I believe they have a flat finish.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Hey jcomar1....

Those are some good looking / tough looking rims ! In fact, I'm still strongly considering them myself. Wandell is right, they are flat black. I actually saw some in person, just yesterday... on a Chevy though.

I think for myself, it's pretty much between these.... or AR Thugs...... but whatever I get, they have to be black ! :-)

Hmmmm.....
Fish

Last edited by Fish Chris; 05-18-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM
The only thing I don't like about them is that there's too many chrome beads along the rim. But I'm having a hard time finding a black rim that I like, that come in 18x9 with 5 to 5.5 inches of backspacing.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated...

Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
those would look good. the guy that has them in black is pimprohr. i have the knight chrome version.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Yea I saw that he has them and they look good on his truck, but his truck is all white, and it's lifted. I'm trying to picture it on mine w/ the two tone red/tan.

I saw these on a truck a few days ago and I like them. I asked the guy what kind they were and he didn't know. There was no branding on them at all...

Anyone know which wheels these are??

Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey jc.....

you had said earlier
I'm back on the market for some black rims (with just a little chrome).
But then (like me) you said
The only thing I don't like about them is that there's too many chrome beads along the rim
So I'm not sure where your at with this right now....

I know I'm leaning towards these wheels, but "without the chrome allen heads".... and I'm not sure what to do about it ?
I know this is a funny thought, but surely these allen screws are not threaded, huh ? How cool would that be ? Just take em' out and replace them with black ones :-) Of course that would be way too easy.....

Anyway, this is one of those kinds of things that ordinarily I'd be asking myself, "Am I just tripping on something, that nobody else would even think twice about" ? .....however, I've already seen that a few people here 'also' seem thrown off by the silver allen heads....

Hmmmm....
Fish

Old 05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I actually like the silver allen head as they match the lugnuts.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Well hey Wandell....

at the very least, they would match the silver branding on the center cap.... But I'm actually already thinking about black lug nuts anyway. They shouldn't be too hard to find, huh ? But then how about a black locking lug nut set ???

Hmmm....
Fish

PS, I don't think the silver allens make the rim look bad.... I'm just thinking about how they would (or wouldn't) work with an all blacked out theme....

Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Yea I know...

Yea sometimes I think I like the chrome beads and sometimes I don't ... I guess I just need to make my mind up.

What color is your truck Fish?

Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Well....

I don't know if they have painted my truck yet :-) But we are coming up on week 4.... So I'd like to think it was :-)

It will be Stone Green. Don't know if you saw the thread where we were discussing this color (it's new for 08') but anyway, it's not really green. More like a brownish color (dark brown from many angles, and lighting), with tons of gold flake.
And BTW, I'm not blacking it out because I think it would be best with Stone Green (although I don't think it would be bad either) but rather, because my rocker panels will be Mossy Oak Shadow Grass (like the entire boat, which it will always be towing), which absolutely doesn't work with chrome.

So I'm looking at a black, brown, and camo scheme.... along with a tougher, off-roadish look. In other words, not pretty, and flashy.... But rough, tough, and outdoors'y :-)
Here's a rough (really rough !) photo shop.... but stone green looks WAY nicer than this.... and so will my aftermarket wheels and tires, blacked headlights... running boards, etc, etc :-)

It will be SOOO nice to hear something besides > Oh, what a cute little car ! Doh !
It is fun to drive though :-) Slow down for corners ? Why ? ;-) 35 mpg's is pretty nice too.

Peace,
Fish

Old 05-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Where do you live

Sounds like your a duck hunter.. where do you live?

Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Well....

I am a hard-core outdoorsman.... but a fisherman, not a hunter. I've just always had a thing for natural camo :-)

I live on the edge of the Ca Delta, about halfway between Sacramento and San Francisco CA.

Peace,
Fish

Old 08-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by jcomar1
Yea I saw that he has them and they look good on his truck, but his truck is all white, and it's lifted. I'm trying to picture it on mine w/ the two tone red/tan.

I saw these on a truck a few days ago and I like them. I asked the guy what kind they were and he didn't know. There was no branding on them at all...

Anyone know which wheels these are??
These rims are Raceline Renegade's I had them on my old Tacoma.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't change a thing... You have a very sharp truck... Keep it that way...

Quick Reply: How would Procomp 7005's look...