BFG Rugged Trail 275/65/18 Questions!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:28 AM
|
BFG Rugged Trail 275/65/18 Questions!?!

Im just trying to go back with the stock tire it came with, i looked on tire rack, and they had the same tires, except one was listed as "Different tread"...and was like $20-$30 cheaper...had the same tread depth and same dimensions, i think the only thing they listed that was different, is the standard tire had a max psi @ 35, the "Dif tread" tire had a max @ 44psi...? Just want to know what this is about...

Also how much better is the 275/65 vs the 275/70...Im sure there wouldnt be much difference in appearance, im more worried about how many miles i'll get out of them...I got 55,000 out of my stock new tires, just looking to get the same out of my next set...Thanks for any help guys...

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:31 AM
thats probably a higher load tire. However, I wouldn't get Rugged Trails again. I think they are a poor tire. There are many more better tires in the same price range out there. You said you are using TireRack. Check the ratings at tire rack. BFG rugged trails are rated about as bad as it can get. just MHO though

Old 05-19-2008 | 11:48 AM
Ya, the ratings on the Rugged Trail suck. They are a P metric tire and the one you have found is likely just an extra load tire. I swapped out my factory tires, the Rugged Trail, as soon as I bought my new truck, put on BFG AT's, 285/65/18.

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:08 PM
|
ok, so what would you guys recommend? im trying to find a set for around $500, and i may have to buy 2 now and 2 in a couple months...is that a bad idea? I really need 2 tires badly, but the other 2 could hold on for a couple more months so im not strapping myself...If this is a big nono, then please advise, as i have never done it before to know...Just weighing my options...I like the look of the "outlined" white wall tire better than a solid whitewall and the blackwall...Thanks for the help...

Old 05-19-2008 | 08:20 PM
Do your researching on TireRack. Lots of info there. BFG T/A's one of the most popular, but it's up to you. If your "good" tires only have a couple of months left on them, well, they're not that good any more. Better to buy a set of 4, then handling and wear will be uniform for the life of the tires. Mismatched pairs of tires will feel and handle differently so be careful if you choose this route.

Quick Reply: BFG Rugged Trail 275/65/18 Questions!?!