tire and wheel question - new owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude MCR1994 thats badasz man. thats what im going for right there, but everything else is going to be black too, same with the full replacement bumpers (front and rear). i wish I could afford the 20" Rockstars with 33" muds, but the supercharger, bumpers and exhaust are gonna take away from the wheel/tire $ pool. Looks awesome man.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Ya' know.....

I think black on blue looks better, than it sounds :-)

Sure, chrome would work well on it too, but more and more, I'm thinking black works just about as well, if not better than chrome, on most colors I've seen. (of course that's just MPO)

I'm going to go with the blacked out theme on my Stone Green F150 (if you haven't seen it, its not really green, but a brownish hue, with lots of gold flake) and I have no worries that black will work fine with this paint too...... But the "blacked out" theme of my truck is not the real stretch :-) I'm going to be adding a little of something I absolutely love, knowing that a good number of guys hate it..... just a touch of Mossy Oak Shadow Grass :-)

I agree with the poster above that said > build your truck FOR YOU ! What the heck, your paying for it ! :-)

Have fun,
Fish

PS, BTW, as long as your truck is a solid paint color, theirs no problem with having some chrome, and some black too. You just wouldn't want to do that with a two tone paint job, as that takes you in too many directions at the same time.

Last edited by Fish Chris; 06-02-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Yea its all solid blue, save for the front and rear bumpers, which are chrome (XLT bumpers). But the OEM bumpers are going to be gone in favor of a front and rear black steel replacement. Also, the rocker panels are going to be Line-X'd in black along with the part where an OEM fender flare would go

Quick Reply: tire and wheel question - new owner