buybrakes.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buybrakes.com

Well, little background. I was convinced I needed to buy the cryo rotors. Decided the only reputable place to buy from was buybrakes.com. I contacted them and they said they had a few left in stock. This was April 17. After a few weeks I called back to say that I hadnt received my shipment. They said they sold out and they are now on backorder and I will get mine as soon as they get them. I called back last tuesday and they said they just got off backorder and would ship out the end of the week. Nothing, I call them today. They finally reply and say that the rears can ship out friday but the fronts wont be till mid june. Im beyond livid at this point. Jerked around wouldnt be the proper word. The whole time they were trying to get me to just go for the basic powerslots not the cryo's. Im deciding the best course of action here. Ultimatums never work so that isnt really an option. I guess I can wait till Friday, and if they dont ship them and say they wont go out till late June. I suppose another course of action will be needed. The best part is all transactions were done by email or office phone, and due to other business endeavors in the past, ive always employed a CYA, which in this case is taped phone convo's. I dont know if this information is enough for a suit of any kind, but there are plenty of other people Ive talked with who've gotten the same story from buybrakes.com. Any advice from anyone?

Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Cancel and go through someone else. I ordered my powerslots and Hawks from Summit. It was a flawless purchase. All 4 rotors and pads were shipped same day for free, and were at my door within 3 days. Couldn't have been any easier.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:31 AM

I agree. Cancel the order. I got my Cryo rotors from AJ-USA. No problems at all!

http://www.ajusa.com/browse/index/1?...e3973a485e3f54

Old 05-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Suspended
we'll i canceled. You sure about this aj-usa hifoltage? they didnt jerk you around at all? seems like its impossible to find a good brake seller now a days.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Suspended
summit doesnt sell powerslots

Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 AM

I ordered my front Cryos from AJ-USA and had no problems. I ordered the rear Cryos from Autoanything.com cause I found a good coupon online. No problems from either place at all!

Old 05-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Suspended
shoot, i shouldve ordered from autoanything before, they are much cheaper and i have a coupon for them!!! thanks hivoltage.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Good luck! You'll love the Cryo rotors! They are Toss in some Carquest Blue pads and you'll have a killer setup. Sooooo much better than OEM.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Gators,
Sorry you had trouble and longer than usual delays with us @ Buybrakes.com, that is usually not the case and I am not sure who you have heard that from in the past. We as a recommended retailer of Power Slot, Brembo, DBA, EBC, etc...by those manufacturers because of our customer service and order fulfillment history and we try extremely hard to fill and satisfy every order for every customer, which is very hard to do in today's marketplace. I believe I let you know the ETA of your order within 24 hours of when your order was placed, as we get the ETA directly from the manufacturer, we do not blow smoke nor push other products on our customers, I simply stated what other options there were if you did not want to wait for the back ordered Power Slot Cryo'd rotors. Which is far more than other companies do. We get all of our Cryo rotors directly from Power Slot and they are Cryo'd on an as order basis so there is usually a 7-10 day delay before the orders ship regardless. Due to cost restrictions and being non-returnable and not knowing which rotors will sell faster than others is the reason we do not stock any Cryo rotors, which the case with most of the online vendors and large wholesale distributors. In a perfect World we would have every part that every customer orders to them the next day but that is next to impossible as we all know. Since it is not stated here, I will tell all that his order shipped complete last Friday and should already be delivered. Again my apologies for the delay and inconvenience this has caused all of us, if I could have changed the production schedule within Power Slot to speed up the delivery, believe me I would have. I do not like to hear from unhappy customers nor read this posts on message boards. I know my posting here will not change what happened with your previous order, but I hope it will show all they we do care about our customers and their satisfaction. Again my sincere apologies.

All that being said...for anybody looking for brake components...Front and Rear pads, rotors, or both. Use coupon code HTPACKAGE08 for a nice little discount when placing an order or give us a call or email. My contact info is below.

Thanks, Dave
Sales Manager
www.buybrakes.com
800-853-3599 x 811

Old 05-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by gators241987
shoot, i shouldve ordered from autoanything before, they are much cheaper and i have a coupon for them!!! thanks hivoltage.
When you're ready give me a call or shoot me an email. I can match/beat autoanythings price (even with your coupon) if our prices arent already lower. I personally dont recommend going for the cryo treatment, as I don't personally see a huge benefit for it, unless there is VERY extreme braking conditions, IE racing or towing ALOT down many grades or in the mountains. We have a few sets of the stoptech slotted rotors in stock now and are ready to ship them out whenever you're ready.

we WILL take care of you

Alon