BFG A/T or **** Cepek A/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008 | 09:28 PM
Last Oct I put 285x70x17's BFG's All terrain TA's on my truck mounted & balanced with free rotation for life & road hazzard for $1028.00! I absolutely love these tires, especially last winter in a bad December snow storm! I Actually was the only one on the highway at one point! These tires were awesome! I was told by the tire dealer that with regular rotations I will see 80,000mi easily from these tires! After 10,000mi no noticeable wear what so ever! Also they are very quiet on the road for such a meaty tire, & have wear protectors built into the sidewall to protect your rims from curb rash! Best tire out there for all around non commercial truck use!..........

Old 05-31-2008 | 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by wandell
The DC's have been getting good reviews but I have no idea about treadlife.
had em on for over 60K kilometers now. they look like the day i brought them home. and talk about agressive tread for an a/t!!

Old 05-31-2008 | 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by wasachevyguy
had em on for over 60K kilometers now. they look like the day i brought them home. and talk about agressive tread for an a/t!!
whats that in miles....

Old 05-31-2008 | 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Last Oct I put 285x70x17's BFG's All terrain TA's on my truck mounted & balanced with free rotation for life & road hazzard for $1028.00! I absolutely love these tires, especially last winter in a bad December snow storm! I Actually was the only one on the highway at one point! These tires were awesome! I was told by the tire dealer that with regular rotations I will see 80,000mi easily from these tires! After 10,000mi no noticeable wear what so ever! Also they are very quiet on the road for such a meaty tire, & have wear protectors built into the sidewall to protect your rims from curb rash! Best tire out there for all around non commercial truck use!..........
BFG went to this design in the mid' 90's. This is where the term "KO" came from. "Knock Out" sidewalls.:

BFG 4 Life.

Old 06-01-2008 | 10:42 AM
|
I think I am gonna go with the BFG. I really like the look of the DC, but was reading on another website, and people were complaining of chunking, and breaking bands.
I will say that during my search, I almost fell in love with the ATZ, but they dont last like the BFGs.
Now I just gotta wait till the buy 3 get one free deal pops back up.

I took it as a sign, that all the pics of BFGs I looked at, had it mounted on the same wheels I have.

Gonna look nice

Old 06-01-2008 | 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by FoMoCoFan17
BFG went to this design in the mid' 90's. This is where the term "KO" came from. "Knock Out" sidewalls.:

BFG 4 Life.
I was told the KO=Key on road & Key Off Road?.......I have hit a few curbs in my time with these tires & no rim damge what so ever! These tires are also extreeme snow rated with the raised Logo on the tire! So if you ever find yourself in the Lake TaHo Moutains in a Blizzard you are all set! 3 Ply sidewalls you get alot for the money!.......... Best all around tire on road or off IMHO!............

Old 06-01-2008 | 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
I was told the KO=Key on road & Key Off Road
I could have made it up. Who knows?

OP, good call.

Old 06-01-2008 | 12:43 PM
Hey JNC995.....

> Now I just gotta wait till the buy 3 get one free deal pops back up. <

Maybe not. Go try having a look at the same tires, on the same website, from somebody elses PC, and see if it doesn't offer them a different deal than its offering you (like the buy 3, get 1 free. for them, right now, even though on your PC it tells you that deal has expired). I'm starting to believe that these sites might be working their deals based on PC cookies, that tell them when you first visit their site......

Not positive about this, but have a hunch.

Try it, and let me know what you find out.

Fish

Old 06-01-2008 | 12:45 PM
|
If its based on cookies, couldnt you just delete your cookies, than visit it again?

Old 06-01-2008 | 01:55 PM
Probably.....

Or easier yet, just call them and say, "I saw these (whatever wheel or tire your looking at) on your site, for buy 3 get 1 free" {your not lying... you did see them with that deal... just not neccessarily right then and there} and see what they can do for you.

Personally speaking, if they wouldn't give me the the buy 3, get one free deal, whenever I called, I'd tell them, "That's cool. Then I'll just check every other place in the country, and if I don't find a comparable deal, I'll either just wait until yours go back to the buy 3, and get 1 free deal..... 'Or', more likely, choose the next best price from somebody else right now. Thank you very much for your time."

I know as soon as my truck comes in, "I'm getting my tires and wheels right away, for the best deal available at that time" ! I'm already tired of waiting for the truck itself ! :-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-01-2008 | 03:22 PM
|
AHHH.. Just found a buy 3 get one free on the BFG A/Ts, but the price was so jacked up, that it would be cheaper to buy from someone without the deal. So stupid, what a scam. Lets offer one free, but mark them up $80 a tire so they are paying more in the long run.

Old 06-01-2008 | 06:38 PM
BFG's.....

Quick Reply: BFG A/T or **** Cepek A/T