BFG vs. Nitto

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MudTerrain
If you offroad, BFG's FTW!!!

The Nittos are a glorifide street tire.
x2 on that! Ive offroaded with a F150 with 35" terra grapplers and my 33" BFG TA KO's walked all over him.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by MudTerrain
If you offroad, BFG's FTW!!!

The Nittos are a glorifide street tire.
You say that, but in your signature pic the truck is riding Nitto mud grapplers.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jaxmasterflex
You say that, but in your signature pic the truck is riding Nitto mud grapplers.
Nitto Mud Grapplers are trash! They wear unevenly and since the tread is so much shorter in the center of the tread after 20k miles they look bald in the middle.. I will NEVER run a mud grap!

But what MUD TERRAIN was saying is that the NITTO TERRA GRAPPLER is a glorified stree tire! Which it is, all it is is a aggressive street tire. Nothing wrong with that but they wont perform offroad like a BFG TA KO will.

This thread was about Terra Grapplers VS BFG TA KO's thats why MT said Nitto....

Old 06-09-2008, 01:08 PM
as an extra benefit, the BFG's seem to wear slowly- at least thats been my experience

I like the look of the Nitto's better

Old 06-14-2008, 05:01 PM
I love nitto's

Old 06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I like my Mudd Grapplers... Been in the mudd with them and the sand, they do pretty well, and as a street tire they are ok (quieter then most). This is just 37s if anyone is asking.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by kickinit
I like my Mudd Grapplers... Been in the mudd with them and the sand, they do pretty well, and as a street tire they are ok (quieter then most). This is just 37s if anyone is asking.
Is this the first MT you have ever ran? Ill put all my money on it that my half tread TSL's will go though more mud than a brand new Mud Grappler. And still have less noise and wear longer than your mud graps.

And theres NO way they are "quieter than most"

Better say "quieter than 1 that 1 being a super swamper bogger"

Mud Graps are trash and if you dont realize this after 20k miles then you are in fact in LA LA LAND

Old 06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
Is this the first MT you have ever ran? Ill put all my money on it that my half tread TSL's will go though more mud than a brand new Mud Grappler. And still have less noise and wear longer than your mud graps.

And theres NO way they are "quieter than most"

Better say "quieter than 1 that 1 being a super swamper bogger"

Mud Graps are trash and if you dont realize this after 20k miles then you are in fact in LA LA LAND

Well dip****s like yourself are welcome too.

I guess you think your a guru huh? Yeah ok buddy, keep thinking that.

Its a shame but an opinion like yours must matter to someone, somewhere so stick till it someday will be more then a lawnmower.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
Mud Grapplers actually perform extremely well offroad and in the mud. Theres a reason a lot of competition offroad race vehicles run them.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by kickinit
somewhere so stick till it someday will be more then a lawnmower.
What? oh well

People here actually like my opinions. And geuss what they are my opinions.

you run your Mud graps and ill run anything but them. I will be the first to say they look good but that doesnt do anything for me.

I never said the Mud Graps werent good offroad, they have huge voids and even bigger Side lugs. That alone makes them perform offroad. What i said is that my TSL's will do better... sorry.

With the noise, the wear, and the balancing problems with the Nitto Mud Graps you would think they would compare to a Swamper and IMO they dont even come close.

And mSaLL150 i hear what you are saying. But how many competion trucks run swampers? and another thing how many of those competion trucks touch pavement. Its just my opinion but I rather run swampers.

Quick Reply: BFG vs. Nitto