Okay then, will these fit......

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay then, will these fit......

Now that "everything has changed"..... Because 1) I found out (through photoshop) that my camo idea is not going to work, and 2) I saw some 275/65/18"s yesterday on a Lariat that just looked too small to work for me..... {not much smaller than the 295/70-17"s I was considering}

So, Wandell, or anyone.....

How about these wheels (or any 18 x 9 wheel, with similar offset and backspacing)
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...8&autoModClar=

And these tires;
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/BFG...&t_pn=BFG35237
(their goes my freaking gas mileage :-( ...... Dangit..... I'm just going to blame it on Jonamond ! Damn those tires look good !

BTW, I guess they are working for Jonamond.... but he has a 2 1/2" front level, and blocks in the rear (but I don't think the rear is ever an issue huh ?)
While I will only have a 1 1/2" to 2" front lift from my adjustable Bilstein 5100's....

Am I safe ?

Hey Damon at the tire rack, give me a holler... or I'll call you....

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-04-2008, 01:40 PM
just a comment........

says those wheels are made in china.
i would have heartburn putting any high dollar parts on my rig that were made in china. doesn't american racing make a wheel that looks just like that?

i am a member of the 'classic car nation' and have heard many guys have problems with no-name intakes, and headers that have been made in china. poor casting. not exact fit.

just a thought - oaw

Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Backspacing

I don't think those wheels in the link don't have enough backspacing for those 34's. If you want to run 34's you'd probably need 5-6" of backspacing on either a 8.5 or 9" wide wheel.

I thought you where going all black? You should look at the AR Tactic's they look sweet and would allow you to run those tires.

I decided against them though b/c they are 8.5" wide and I wanted at least a 9" wide wheel so that I could run a 13.50" wide tire, and I wanted slightly less backspacing than the 6" that the Tactic's are.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Hey guys....

Well Oscar, I hope your sitting down.... Yes, "American Racing" wheels do make a wheel that's, just like the ones I posted >
http://www.wheelsforless.com/dale_ea..._jr_wheels.htm

American Racing Wheels > made in China ! That's nice, huh ?
Anyway, to be quite honest with you, I have mixed feelings about the whole "buy US" thing. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a problem..... But compared to the state of this whole freaking planet (let alone the US) this problem, IMPO, is miniscule. I honestly believe that we are heading towards World War III, and it will very likely end up going nuclear (with the driving factor being oil.... everybody should oughta' know what people will do to feed an addiction). So anyway, let me stop myself here......

Hey jcomar, yes, "I was going all black" .....back before I had a choice. But as I had said in another recent thread, now that I've dropped the camo idea (which I'm kind of grieving.... I love that stuff, but a photoshop job last night showed me it just won't work) I'm open to any stlye and color of wheels I want.
Yes, those AR Tactics do look nice.... More "American Racing wheels > Made in China" :-) LOL

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by jcomar1
I don't think those wheels in the link don't have enough backspacing for those 34's. If you want to run 34's you'd probably need 5-6" of backspacing on either a 8.5 or 9" wide wheel.

I thought you where going all black? You should look at the AR Tactic's they look sweet and would allow you to run those tires.

I decided against them though b/c they are 8.5" wide and I wanted at least a 9" wide wheel so that I could run a 13.50" wide tire, and I wanted slightly less backspacing than the 6" that the Tactic's are.
how can you not have enough backspacing when going with a larger tire? you want to push the wheel out (less backspacing) to have more room to turn.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:59 PM
So Chief....

your thinking they should fit ?

What is the width and back-spacing of stock 18" FX4 wheels ?

Here's Jonamond's (the one's that got me to thinking I just have to have 305/65-18"s :-)

Where's Wandell ?

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh, and then check this out.....

apparently these wheels are available in two different back-spacings / offsets, for a 6 x 135 bolt pattern. One of these HAS to work !

http://www.customwheelsonly.com/DEJ_black_cannon.htm

Fish

Old 06-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd want at least 5 inches of bs on a 9 inch wide wheel.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Right on !

Then the 1091-8936A 18x9 0offset 5bs 6-135's it will be :-)

Thank you Wandell !

You da' man,
Fish

Old 06-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Rubbing

Originally Posted by chiefFX4
how can you not have enough backspacing when going with a larger tire? you want to push the wheel out (less backspacing) to have more room to turn.
Sorry but that causes rubbing on the rear side of the fender well when you turn.

Fish - why exactly won't the camo work?
There are a number of companies that make that and I've seen it on lots of trucks around here.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by jcomar1
Sorry but that causes rubbing on the rear side of the fender well when you turn.

Fish - why exactly won't the camo work?
There are a number of companies that make that and I've seen it on lots of trucks around here.

Yeah why wont it work? Ive seen it on a few 04+ around here and the camo thing looks GREAT... but ok.

Good luck with the wheels

Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Well....

of course this is just MPO, but I don't think chrome works with Camo. It's like, "are you trying to blend in" ? ...."or stand out" ? I don't think you can really pull off both at the same time.
So right from the start of my camo idea, I knew that my vehicle would have to be blacked out.
Well as it turns out, Stone green is a pretty dark color (from a lot of angles, and lightings). Then I blacked it out in photoshop. Now we were REALLY dark overall. Then I added some Mossy Oak Shadow Grass to the rocker panels and guess what ??? > All you saw was the Shadow Grass rocker panels ! I mean, for the rocker panels to "be noticeable" is one thing.... But to stand out like a sore thumb, to the point where you don't even notice the truck anymore, just doesn't work.

I've showed this one earlier... but I think this is an example of camo that works (poor quality photo + you can see that the guy didn't just wash it, and drive it to a "perfect spot" for a photo shoot) but none the less.....

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-05-2008, 01:34 PM
hi fish -

where did you read that they AR wheels are made in china? i thought they were made here. i know they purchased a few different wheel companies.... do they make them in china? here is what i found.....

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ing_Wheels.cfm

maybe i'm wrong..... if so.... how about american eagle wheels?

http://www.americaneaglewheel.com/

take care - oaw

p.s. - i hope you are wrong about wwIII. i would not want to be around to see it.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Hello Oscar....

No, no.....

You said that you saw where "those wheels I posted the photo of" were made in China..... But what you didn't realize, were that those wheels I posted the photo of" were American Racing wheels.

As far as American Eagles..... Sure, if they made some I liked. I don't know about you, but I can look right through 500 sets of wheels, and often hardly find one set that catches my eye. Call me ultra-nit-picky, or whatever you want, but I just don't see a lot of wheels that really grab my attention {when looking for wheels for myself, that is. I see lots of wheels on other peoples trucks that look nice.... for their trucks}

Some of the Moto Metals look cool.... But I don't think those are made in the US either.

Hmmm....
Fish

Old 06-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some American Eagle wheels are made in CHina. If you look on their website, the ones made in the USA have a American Flag next to them.

Quick Reply: Okay then, will these fit......