Brakes for the Expy

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes for the Expy

I probably should be changing my brakes soon, so I'm looking for some options.

Originally, my plan was to get some of the stock replacement Brembos, with some Hawk pads for all 4 corners.

Then I actually started searching around this site, and there seems to be plenty of options.

The cheapest I've found the Brembos is 284 shipped for all 4 (from buybrakes), 438 total after LTS pads (from ajusa, I'm assuming the price for each is for a pair).

I also saw some people here recommend rotorpros.com. Got a quote from them, 245 for 4 rotors, drilled and slotted, with 75 more for pads. The only problem is that after a little bit of searching, it seems some people experienced cracking with these (apparently, drilled rotors are prone to that.) I'm waiting for a new quote, but I'm assuming slotted only would be cheaper. I'd probably pair these with the same Hawk LTS pads.

Then of course, there's the Power Slots (non Cryo) that everyone here likes, which would come to 434 shipped (from ajusa), plus the pads would be 588 total shipped(also from ajusa).

Honestly, I just want something that will hopefully stop better than stock when I need it (deer, Orlando traffic, etc...) and not warp. I don't care much about brake dust (I honestly don't think anything can dust more than the Expy stockers. )

I was considering some EBC greenstuff pads, but after searching a bit on here, there's mixed reviews of it? But the price is good.

One last thing, how much do you guys think it would cost to replace all 4 pads/rotors? I'd like to do it myself, but I don't know if I'd be able to?

Sorry for the long winded post.:o TIA

EDIT: Just got another quote from rotorpros. It seems the price for slotted only rotors is the same as drilled/slotted.

Last edited by ELVATO; 06-09-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have stock rotors. i did just put some bendix pads and they stop great. only 30$ at advanced auto.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go with Carquest stuff, good rotors and almost the most expensive pads. To do the whole truck would cost me probably 300 bucks, that's Canadian which I know it would cost less in the US, more like 250 at most.

Quick Reply: Brakes for the Expy