BFG AT or ProComp Extreme AT

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
50K miles out of a MT tire ? That's the first time I've ever heard that kind of a claim for tread life on a MT tire. I know Toyo makes great tires, but 'if' I could be assured of 50K miles, and 'if' they made a 34" Toyo MT, I'd buy them instead, of the BFG AT's......

But that a couple of pretty big 'if's'.......

Hmmmm,
Fish

PS, Hey BTW guys, these Pro Comp Extreme's tires look great, are priced good, and are just about the same height I was looking at with the BFG AT 305/65-18"s..... but are an inch wider: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/Pro...&t_pn=PCT58033
Would these fit with a 2" level, Wandell ?
The only reason the TOYOs can achieve that kind of mileage is because they are an extremely hard compound compared to other MT's. Other MT's will have you beat in the slippery conditions, but as far as wear goes the TOYOs will edge out the others by a little.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I have both Toyo MT 35x12.50-20 and Pro Comp Extreme AT in a 35x12.50 (WINTER AND SUMMER SETS)and the Pro comp is a nicer tire all the way around. Owning both at the same time I will guarantee the Pro comps ride, handle and wear better then the Toyos, there is no comparsion! My vote is for Extreme AT. I call BS on 50K on a Toyo maybe 30K to 35K. Bring on all the Toyo nuthuggers I guess 50K on a light weight Toyota Mini truck

Old 06-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jessem
I have both Toyo MT 35x12.50-20 and Pro Comp Extreme AT in a 35x12.50 (WINTER AND SUMMER SETS)and the Pro comp is a nicer tire all the way around. Owning both at the same time I will guarantee the Pro comps ride, handle and wear better then the Toyos, there is no comparsion! My vote is for Extreme AT. I call BS on 50K on a Toyo maybe 30K to 35K. Bring on all the Toyo nuthuggers I guess 50K on a light weight Toyota Mini truck
man don't take this the wrong way but you call BS because YOUR tires didn't last that long. MY tires aren't going to last as long as other people who have them. BUT i don't go around just throwing out lies and bull**** on something like this. I talk with 5 or 6 different peolple daily that have toyo's. what i said was based on the feedback of ALOT of people.

no worries though man... it's saturday night, what are you doing online anyway? booooooo

Quick Reply: BFG AT or ProComp Extreme AT