What are my OEM tires and wheels worth ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are my OEM tires and wheels worth ???

They are the 17" upgraded aluminums, with 255/65-17"s Michelins....

Honestly, I told the salesman to just give me the lamest painted steel wheels, and the smallest tires, because I was going to get some nice aftermarkets anyway.
But then he informed me, that the nicer wheels / larger tires that were on my truck, were part of a package anyway, and that going to the really lame weels and tires would not save me a nickel.

Now I'm glad I got the wheels that I did, as these look pretty darn nice. They must be worth a nice little chunk to somebody, huh ?

I'm not trying to sell these to anybody, here and now... No really ! :-)

Just wondering what a reasonable price would be.......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Either that, or maybe I could powder coat them black, and throw some 285/70-17" BFG AT's on them :-)

Anyone ?

Thanks,
Fish

Old 06-21-2008, 09:47 AM
If they are brand new with tires I would think maybe somewhere in the $600-$700 range. I had been looking around on ebay & craigslist and thats about the kind of prices I was seeing. I ended up buying these, wheels only, if that helps you out any.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32

Old 06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Sean....

right on. Yep. That's my wheels, right there. That's about the value I was thinking too.

But like I was saying in that other thread, I actually really like these wheels (as far as stock wheels go) so I might just have them powder coated + I have a buddy with a Ford Expy, and 17" wheels, who really needs new tires. I might sell him my Michelins for $200.

Peace,
Fish

Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Not sure what color your truck is but it might look nice if you took those wheels and just had the in-lay part of them coated and left the outer surface a machined finish. Just a thought.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey Sean.....

if I were going with a mix of silver and black, I think they might look pretty nice like you mentioned, but since I'm going for a combo of PTM and black, their would not be any other silver or chrome on the entire truck....

Peace,
Fish

Quick Reply: What are my OEM tires and wheels worth ???