Are the drilled/slotted rotors really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a combo of rotor and pad. I went with Power Slot Cryo rotors and Carquest Blue Pads. My stopping seems so much better. Best of all, my dust has been minimal compared to the OEM crap I had on. The OEM would cover my wheels in just 2 days. Invest some $$$ in a good set of rotors and pads and you will not regret it!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Finally got some pics!

Originally Posted by mitch150
Was doing some reg. maintenance to the truck, fluids, filter, plugs and so on, and decided to check the brakes just now and guess what I found. I've always said I would post if I ever had issues w/ the drilled/slotted rotors so that's what I'm doing. Right rear rotor is cracked in 2 places!! Just came in to get fresh batt. for the camera so I can take some pics and post them here before I switch the rears back the stocks. The fronts look good including the pads. I'll take some pics of those too.
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but finally got some pics of that cracked rotor These are 2 different cracks in the same rotor. Glad I caught it! Still have the front ones on with no worries

Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I am looking to purchase some new rotors for my truck(2002 f150 lariat 2wd). I tend to buy more and more stuff online now a days and I ended up finding a price that i am questioning. This website http://stores.brakeplanet.com/Items/...Brake%20Rotors has a price for a set of front rotors for only $137. There are no specs about the product, which kinda makes me wonder. And it seems to be a major site considering its at the very top of the google search on rotors.....Anyways has anyone purchased from that site before or have you heard anything in regards? Also anyone have favorite brands or sites to purchase rotors from.
Sincerely....a newb

Old 10-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Here is the kit I just bought for my truck. I have not had the chance to put them on yet but since I only paid $216 and some change to my door, I figure I'll give them a try.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Here are the pictures of the parts. As you can see, the rotors are dimpled so I don't think cracking will be an issue. After reading all of these posts, I am second guessing the idea of slotted, etc. but as I stated, for the money, I'll try it.

Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 AM
I had squeaky brakes on my 04, went to change the pads, to find the calipers were chipping. So replaced calipers and pads, and that ended my brake dust problem.

Question about the slotted rotors. Are there any cons to them, other than price? DO they really wear the pads faster, or is that hype?

Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For non-race applications - NO! I would highly recommend Diversified Cryogencis for purchasing Brembo OEM replacement Cryo treated rotors (about $125 ea) and pads from Hawk or (other Wellmen distributor)

Old 10-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by beechkid
For non-race applications - NO! I would highly recommend Diversified Cryogencis for purchasing Brembo OEM replacement Cryo treated rotors (about $125 ea) and pads from Hawk or (other Wellmen distributor)
Got a link to those rotors, b/c I don't really understand all that cryo talk there.

edit: is this them? Only OEM brembo rotors I found on tirerack. http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...ar=&perfCode=P

Last edited by JNC995; 10-16-2008 at 04:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Are the drilled/slotted rotors really worth it?