New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're plagued with chrome bumpers like me...

Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Fan-freakin-tastic! I like the direction your truck is going.

Last edited by FoMoCoFan17; 07-09-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by bigdaddy09
looks stupid
Like body lifts and stacking spacers?

Old 07-09-2008, 10:17 AM
truck looks real good man! i think theyre might have been another year they made that color though, i could swear my brother's friend has that exact same color on his screw, and i think its an '06, maybe '07. and he got black wheels too but you won't have to worry about seein that too much, we're a long way from cali

Old 07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
looks good man good choices!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you guys :-)

Hey PimpRohr, but hopefully not much longer :-) I'm hoping they will be black, and back on the truck by 1 week from today :-) BTW, I've probably already told you so, but your tires and wheels look bad-*** too !

Hey FoMo, I almost said something to that effect myself.... But in reality, his is a Ford F150, with 39" mud tires... So even if the guy is rude and tactless, I just can't say his truck looks bad.... maybe lacking imagination... a little plain... but definately not a bad looking truck :-)

Hey CoteDog, not so far as I know. A lot of guys, especially just judging by photos, mistake my color Stone Green, with the 04-07 color, Dark Stone, which is another color I really like. In fact, it was the color I originally wanted. Then I found out it had been discontinued, and replaced with Stone Green. At first I was bummed... But then when I saw Stone Green in person, I totally changed my mind :-)

Thank you trimble :-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Looks great Fish. Im super jealous, i want my rims/tires to be here NOW.

2 weeks and counting!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Hey Chris,
I say a Screw today in your truck color with black wheels and PTM bumpers. Dude, it looked good! He had the PTM grill surround w/honeycomb and black headlights too. OEM tails though. Keep up the good work.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Truck look's great Chris, are you going to put any "camo" on to match the boat?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:56 PM
fish, your right. i remember he told us it was stone something..and it looked almost like yours. his looks more gunmetal and yours is more green, i realized it after i saw his this morning. i think i like yours better though, something different from that traditional ford green!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Right on :-)

Hey PawPaw, you haven't forgot about my original idea with the Camo kick panels, huh ? Now that would REALLY throw a lot of people for a loop :-)

Put it this way, I was sure I would.... then sure I wouldn't... then not sure either way ;-) Make up my darn mind, huh ? LOL
Anyway, I think what I have decided, is that I am just going to go on and finish the truck with the blackout theme "first"... because whether or not I go with the camo rocker panels, I really want to do this.
Then, when that's all done, I can cut a few pieces of the 3D camo vinyl material (I did already order it, and have it right here in my closet) and tack it in place with a few small peices of invisible tape, then step back and see how it looks. Will post photos of that for opinions from you guys too. Of course, my little camo boat will need to be attached to the truck in those photos too, so people can see why I might go that rout / what I'd be trying to match.

Of course, I could always go without it, for 6 months, or a year..... then when the newness of my truck is wearing off, I could add the camo then, to bring back some of the excitement :-)

Oh hey, one more thoughts I'm having;
Relating to whether to PTM the bumpers, or powder coat them satin black.....
Besides the fact that getting those "chrome" bumpers PTM (or even, getting them suitable for paint in the first place) would cost a freaking fortune, another deciding factor is, I really believe that one day, 5 or 7 years from now when that beautiful Stone Green is fading, and oxidizing, I will end up doing a full body wrap of Mossy Oak camo..... At that point, if anything besides the body is Stone Green, that will pose a problem.... Whereas, if it's allready black, it will be a peice of cake :-)
Because relating to full body wraps, I prefer all body parts (besides the main panels) to be black. Example; {not a good photo.... but it's done the way I like camo wraps done... and its a Ford ;-)

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
Fish, your truck looks awesome. Dont sweat the small stuff like PTM bumpers so much. Hauling a boat so much, you are bound to hit the bumper with the coupler a few times. Chrome wont showcase those little boo boo's the way painted bumper would. Looking good is a great goal, but dont lose sight of your truck's functionality as well

Old 07-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Looks great! Congratulations on your new look.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Reminds me of an Army truck... which is cool.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Ah buddies ! I haven't been so stoked, since I got the darn truck in the first place ! :-) From the moment my buddy put the first one on, I just knew these were going to completely transform my truck !

I'm sure you can all relate to that anxiety of spending a big chunk of cash on something which "you think.... you believe.... you feel".... is going to be really nice...... but theirs just no way to be 100% sure until you do it, right ?
Well I'll tell you guys, it took all of about the first 3 seconds I saw them, for than anxiety to just completely turn to pure, whooo hooo excitement :-)

I'm sorry for spewing.... Can't tell I'm stoked can you ? :-)

Hey now anyway, if you don't like black wheels, then I wouldn't expect you to like these. But as long as the owner is happy, then your happy for him, right ? ;-)

Look at that Stone Green popping :-) {but geez, those chrome bumpers have to go ASAP ! ..... hopefully next week}

I didn't do anything to the camera settings, or anything in PhotoShop here.... Stone Green just shifts like this depending on your viewing angle, and the angle of the sun....

Lovin' my new 5600 lb baby :-)

Peace,
Fish

PS, I want to thank Cannonballgsu, once again, for all of his outstanding Photo Shop work, early on, when I was still trying to decide which styling rout to take with my truck. I still remember how, after my own crappy photo job, I wasn't so excited about blacking out a truck this color.... But after the first great PS job by Cannonball, a whole bunch of guys, including myself, could totally see it !
Cannonballgsu, you da' man ! :-)

looks good. was never into that color but the black wheels makes it much more appealing. im sure it would look much better when ur done with the bumpers and lift. maybe get that chrome grill painted to match the body while ur at it

Quick Reply: New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)