New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
I believe most of us are straight... But your still welcome so stay :-)

Fish

truck looks great man! I can't wait to see it with the bumpers either black or PTM

also nice boat

Old 07-09-2008, 08:25 PM

I really like what you have done to the truck man. It looks nice and pretty mean with those rims and tires. I can't wait to get my rims =)

I too am in a dilemma over what to do to my truck. Chrome/black dilemma.

here's negrita :

Last edited by geoelpalillo; 07-09-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: post a pic
Old 07-10-2008, 01:22 AM
Hey guys....

Iroc, your not the first one to say that :-) The first time though, I think the guy was slamming the idea a bit.... but I stopped and thought to myself, "Okay, yes it does... so what's wrong with that ? I liked it just the same :-)

Upioneer, the bumpers next week... the grilles on the way now... as are the HD tail lights. But as for any additional lift..... I agree it would look great.... But that will probably have to wait a few years, until I'm ready for new tires, at which point "I might" do a small lift, and some 35"s....

Thanks again Cannonball. I still think its funny that my crappy photoshop caught basically nobodies attention, except for a few that said , "Uggg... Don't do it" :-) Then you did your photoshop magic, and basically pulled that thread right back to the top for several days, and changed a lot of minds in the process ! That was really cool ! :-)

Hey Geo, look at it on the bright side, no matter what you do, it's pretty hard to make an F150 look bad :-)

Much thanks again guys,
Fish

Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Looks good Chris, just loose that fugly front plate.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Thank you....

NCSHP. I hear you about that darn plate ! Oh hey, it's just dawned on me.... I'll be taking the bumpers of next week anyway.... So, I might just "forget" to put that ugly paper dealer plate back on for a while ;-) Some cops around here are just jerks about stuff like that.... and I just know if they pull me over for no front plate, they will make me remove my front window tinting too :-(

Bad this is, around here it takes like 3 freaking months to get your permanent plates ! I won't mind a permanent plate so much, as mine will be personalized, plus I will put the slightly smoked covers over them.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Nice truck Fish!

I really like that color with the black shoes on. It has that unique appeal for me. I havent seen many other trucks schemed up like this. That boat is kick A$$ man.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:03 PM
whats with all the smily faces... im so borred at work i counted 45 smilies..

Last edited by TonkaTruck33; 07-10-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM

:-)

Old 07-12-2008, 11:17 PM
that used to be called dark stone clearcote metallic and they changed the name right? correct me if im wrong. but they look similar

Old 07-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Hello 9m.....

Common mistake. But no, Dark Stone, and Stone Green are not the same color. Dark Stone was replaced by Stone Green in 08'. They are somewhat similar, and easy to mistake on a PC monitor, but in real life, Stone Green is 'browner' with a ton of gold metallic {in bright sun, from the right angles}.

I do like Dark Stone too though.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Ah buddies ! I haven't been so stoked, since I got the darn truck in the first place ! :-) From the moment my buddy put the first one on, I just knew these were going to completely transform my truck !

I'm sure you can all relate to that anxiety of spending a big chunk of cash on something which "you think.... you believe.... you feel".... is going to be really nice...... but theirs just no way to be 100% sure until you do it, right ?
Well I'll tell you guys, it took all of about the first 3 seconds I saw them, for than anxiety to just completely turn to pure, whooo hooo excitement :-)

I'm sorry for spewing.... Can't tell I'm stoked can you ? :-)

Hey now anyway, if you don't like black wheels, then I wouldn't expect you to like these. But as long as the owner is happy, then your happy for him, right ? ;-)

Look at that Stone Green popping :-) {but geez, those chrome bumpers have to go ASAP ! ..... hopefully next week}

I didn't do anything to the camera settings, or anything in PhotoShop here.... Stone Green just shifts like this depending on your viewing angle, and the angle of the sun....

Lovin' my new 5600 lb baby :-)

Peace,
Fish

PS, I want to thank Cannonballgsu, once again, for all of his outstanding Photo Shop work, early on, when I was still trying to decide which styling rout to take with my truck. I still remember how, after my own crappy photo job, I wasn't so excited about blacking out a truck this color.... But after the first great PS job by Cannonball, a whole bunch of guys, including myself, could totally see it !
Cannonballgsu, you da' man ! :-)
LOOKS GREAT

LOVE That color!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
looks alright not too much into the rims though but the color goes with the truck

Old 07-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks again guys....

and again I have to say, if you like this color, only going by photos posted on the Internet, you would just trip on it in person ! :-) You really just can't see all the individual sparkles, regardless of how good the photo is....

BTW, got the bumpers yanked off today, and delivered to the powder coat shop :-)

......and this was after one of those nights spent, tossing and turning, concerned about whether this whole styling thing was going to work (one might think I'd be sure by now, huh ?) but after getting that chrome all ripped off, a lot of the bracing and stuff behind it, as well as the plastic behind my grille surround was black.... So ignoring the fact that everything was all ripped up, and simply looking at the color, the thought went through my head {again} "Dang that thing is going to look Ford freaking tough :-) Don't know why I was tripping so much again last night" ? :-)

Whoo Hoo !

Fish

Old 07-15-2008, 11:38 PM
if you dont like the bumpers you can do the camo on the bottom of the truck,cammo from bumper and camo rear bumper and stone green grille surround.i do like it with the new wheels.i am a fan of bigger wheels but for some reason i like the size on your truck.keep up the black-out mods.

Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey Italiano....

well it's funny you should mention it.... as I do have the Mossy Oak Shadow Grass rocker panel kit sitting right over here in my closet :-) That was one of those things I was "so sure about" early on..... then decided against... now not really sure.

I had recently figured I'd just go on and finish everything with the black out scheme.... then after that, I could use some small tabs of clear tape to hold some of the camo vinyl up in place, and decide from there......

Or, I could wait 6 months or a year, until the excitement of my new truck, and the new mods was wearing off, "then add the camo" for something new and exciting :-)

I dunno.... But I hope to have pretty much all of my exterior mods done in maybe 2 or 3 more weeks, and then I might consider it.

.......of course then I'll be turning my attention to the stereo build :-)

Peace,
Fish

PS, Funny you should say that you usually prefer larger wheels.... I do too "on some trucks" with different styling schemes. I just wanted more rubber and less wheel, for this particular scheme. And I gotta say, these tires sure do feel GREAT on the pavement :-)
SO much nicer than the 40 series on my little car !

Quick Reply: New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)