New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks really good, I think the rims go great with the color of the truck. Just enough contrast

Old 07-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Thank you Scott....

Ya' know, it's funny you should mention contrast.... As sometimes, when the light is hitting that Stone Green at just the right angle, and the gold metallic is really popping, it does give quite a bit of contrast between the black wheels (and very soon, bumpers :-) and the paint of the truck....
But then at other angles, or in the shade, sometimes the this truck color gets so dark, that at a glance, or with sunglasses on, it almost looks like black on black.... which of course means nearly "zero contrast".... But then, their are a few very popular trucks on the forum here, which are in fact, black on black, and I think those look good too.... certainly mean, and Ford tough, if not 'pretty' ;-)

Anyway, thanks again,
Fish

Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
:-)

Old 07-19-2008, 02:42 PM
It's amazing what wheels and tires can do! I like the Green Stone as well as I like my Dark Stone. Nice rig Fish.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Hey Eddy....

thank you.

YES ! What a HUGE difference tires and wheels make. I rolled into the tire place with this mild mannered, stock looking truck, and rolled out with this hard-core looking rig, which a lot love, a few hate, but nobody looks past !

Ya' know, when I first started looking at new F150's, I was pissed when I found out that Dark Stone had been discontinued, and replaced with Stone Green.... Plus, it didn't look anywhere close to the same (or as good) on Ford's website.

So then a few days later, I walk by a Stone green truck, and it "flashed me" with all of that gold mettalic, and I was like, "Whoa ! What color is this" ? The dealer tells me, "Stone Green".... And of course I replied, "But I don't see any Gree........."..the dealer jumps in, "Not green at all, huh ? Don't know why they call it green."
Anyway, I was sold from that point forward.

But yes, I love Dark Stone as well.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fish...

Sorry if you already answered this but where'd you get the Bilsteins?

Mind telling me how much they were?

thx

Old 07-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Fish,
Do you have any front to back or back to front side shots that show how far the wheels stick out? I am looking into the same wheels with different tread but I want to see how far they come out first.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Kevin, and Blue.....

Kevin, I got the Bilsteins here:
http://store.topguncustomz.com/store...82&i=242065368
Be sure to note though, this link is for 2wd's, so if yours is a 4wd, make sure to get the ones specifically for those. Their is a link for those on the bottom of that same page though.
BTW Kevin, your screen name says "Cowtown".... You wouldn't happen to be from Vacaville CA would you ? If so, I'm practically your neighbor :-) I live in Fairfield.

Hey Blue, not quite yet..... But I'm getting my black bumpers, and my black Roush grille put on today, so then a wash, and I hope to take some photos of everything tomorrow. Will post.
Just to try to explain it in type print though, they seem to stick out a couple inches past the fenders in the front, and maybe 1 1/2" in the rear. Looks great. But the other side of the coin is, if they didn't have so much offset, I could have probably went with 35"s without hitting, and / or without any additional lift. Not sure on that, just a guess.

Peace,
Fish

Old 07-22-2008, 05:36 PM
got a military look to it

Old 07-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Looks good man!!! Dig the rims... I wish I had the chrome bumper "problem" you guys have..lol..I'd like to pick up a set for my '08 XL.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fish Chris
Kevin, I got the Bilsteins here:
[url]
BTW Kevin, your screen name says "Cowtown".... You wouldn't happen to be from Vacaville CA would you ? If so, I'm practically your neighbor :-) I live in Fairfield.
Fish
Wow... Vacaville really is a cow town; but nope, I'm from Calgary (Alberta, Canada)... I guess we should be CowCity by now (pop 1M+) but if Boston can still be Beantown... we ain't changing neither.

I think we're about 1,500 miles away; a little too far to drop by for a coffee; but we are the center of the Canadian oil patch and , last time I checked, the largest exporter of wholesome, live-giving oil to our neighbors to the South (you)... so "howdy" neighbor. Have a cup of (Texas) tea.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:03 PM
i havent read to the very end, but i agree abiout the chrome bumper.... but the color of your truck, with those rims are sick. i jsut got new rims too!

Old 07-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Fish...

Thank you so much... i have been looking for a stone green f150 with blacked out wheels. I have been fighting with myself on whether to go with black or chrome.

I my self have the chrome bumpers... so i might go with a black rim with chrome accents to maybe tie in the bumpers.

by the way is yours a 4x4 or 4x2? What size tires are you running? And yes the color is really tricked out... i get asked a min of three times a day what color my truck is, and if its a custom paint job or factory color.

Mine is a 2008 xlt screw 4x4 with 2" tuff country leveling kit and 295/70/17(on order) with factory rims for now.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:18 AM
yo fish that truck is sick maybe think about a small body lift
i love the color

Old 11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
What size tires are those and have you noticed a drop in mpg?

Quick Reply: New tires and wheels ! Whooo Hooo ! :-)