Carquest Blues = no dust = BS

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by rossford
I got to ask if anyone is using the EBC greenstuff? such as the 6000 series. I'm just after the best gripping ability, or bite, with stock rotors. Its sad about these whimpy brakes on these 5000+ lbs trucks. I'm sick of that spongy feel. My wives 2000 grand marquis has much larger front pads,,, buddy it will stop on a dime and give lots of change back. I did talk to some one at an Auto zone one day, and he said his '08 FX4 did not have that spongy feel, i think engineers must have did some design change finally. Didn't mean to get side tracked ..... rossford
I'm surprised your's does not stop adequately. Mine does just fine. Just this evening, I was running about 45 mph and a dog ran out in front of me. I stopped in a few feet. I stood on the brakes and I was stopped, no slidding at al, no spongy feeling.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JeremyGSU
Do they have noticeably more bite than stock pads?
Yeah I noticed a big difference........However, I bought my truck used and whoever put pads on it before put cheapies on there and they grinded down my rotors.....

Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
bluejay,,,,let me ask a question,,,if your STOPPED, in park, in ur driveway or whatever, and with the engine running,,,can you press the brake pedal ALL the way to its stopping point? Mine will. To a certain point, i know prob. all vechiles will do this at least half way or so, but when ur driving, its diff. Why will the pedal go down that far sitting still? My brakes arent that bad,,,i just hate that spongy feel when driving mainly of course. I really think i've got a small amount of air somewhere (from the factory) in the system somewhere. But without cycling that ABS modulator, i might never get it out. And you know the wife or significant other half, doesnt want to spend 2 hrs helping mash the pedal while i'm cracking the bleeders round and round. I heard about gravity bleeding, and pressure bleeding, of which i've never down. Didnt mean to get long winded,,,thanks in advance...rossford

Old 11-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by rossford
bluejay,,,,let me ask a question,,,if your STOPPED, in park, in ur driveway or whatever, and with the engine running,,,can you press the brake pedal ALL the way to its stopping point? Mine will. To a certain point, i know prob. all vechiles will do this at least half way or so, but when ur driving, its diff. Why will the pedal go down that far sitting still? My brakes arent that bad,,,i just hate that spongy feel when driving mainly of course. I really think i've got a small amount of air somewhere (from the factory) in the system somewhere. But without cycling that ABS modulator, i might never get it out. And you know the wife or significant other half, doesnt want to spend 2 hrs helping mash the pedal while i'm cracking the bleeders round and round. I heard about gravity bleeding, and pressure bleeding, of which i've never down. Didnt mean to get long winded,,,thanks in advance...rossford
My pedal is the same when I'm stopped. To gravity bleed, open the master cylender so as not to create a vacuum, make sure it's full. Open all four bleeder valves and let it drip out. You need to have some tubes on the valves to run into cans or you will have brake fluid on your tires. Make sure the master cylender stays above the fuild level or you get more air in the system. Let it drip for a while, then close them off.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
thanks....i wouldnt mind letting it set for a couple of hrs, as long as i check the MC every 15 mins or so. I think i will try that, but maybe let the back ones trickle out first, to make sure i dont run out of fluid. I guess when clear fluid comes out, then stop. Then do the front, which shouldnt take long. thanks for your help....rossford

Quick Reply: Carquest Blues = no dust = BS