Old 08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autozone or Autovalue have them? We dont have a O'Rielys around here

Old 08-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4Screwdude
Where do you get the Wagner ThermoQuiet?
Any body know the pricing on either the wagner or carquest pads?
And did you do just the fronts or the backs too?
I did my fronts at 11,000 miles due to the excessive dust and did the rears later when they needed it. Fronts were about $48 and rears were $43 I think. You can get the Wagners at AutoZone.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
I did my fronts at 11,000 miles due to the excessive dust and did the rears later when they needed it. Fronts were about $48 and rears were $43 I think. You can get the Wagners at AutoZone.

Cool,
Im gonna go to Autozone to see about them and then swing into Carquest while im at it. Just to make sure they are both Semi-Metallic right?

Next question how hard are they to change? Can I do it myself with basic tools or do I need a Mechanic.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Advanced Auto had the wagner thermoquiets for 46.00
Carquest they quote me 71.00 for the fronts but they were the gold series. Said they had a lifetime replacement guarantee, ceramic and 9.00 more than the blue.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by bluegrizzly
yes, i just read about that too. gonna get ceramics meanwhile i'll be keeping the wire brush handy. well, i haven't used a wire brush yet as i just got this truck and was using the edge of my knife and fingernail. will a wire brush be ok on the wheels?
Absolutely do not use a wire brush on your wheels. Get a quality wheel cleaner like Megs wheel cleaner and your life will be much better.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Wagner Thermo Quiets!!!!!!

My 06 has 75k on it. I'm in sales and drive about 1k a week. I leave the house with clean wheels and tires on Monday only to have them dusted over pretty good by noon the first day and completely covered to where you can't tell I have OWL tires by Friday.

About 2 weeks ago I had the Wagner Thermo Quiets installed.

WOW!!! These babies are the real deal, after 1 week, 1300 miles I could have wiped the wheels completely clean with a Kleenex!!

I couldn't be happier!!!

Old 10-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff T
My 06 has 75k on it. I'm in sales and drive about 1k a week. I leave the house with clean wheels and tires on Monday only to have them dusted over pretty good by noon the first day and completely covered to where you can't tell I have OWL tires by Friday.

About 2 weeks ago I had the Wagner Thermo Quiets installed.

WOW!!! These babies are the real deal, after 1 week, 1300 miles I could have wiped the wheels completely clean with a Kleenex!!

I couldn't be happier!!!
Yep, I have 65,000 on mine and lots of pad left.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Are the wagner thermo's..ceramic or semi-metallic?

I thought I heard the ceramics may warp the rotors?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:15 PM
FX4,
the wagner's TQ are semi-metallic and are on sale at auto-zone this week

Old 10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by FX4Screwdude
Cool,
Im gonna go to Autozone to see about them and then swing into Carquest while im at it. Just to make sure they are both Semi-Metallic right?

Next question how hard are they to change? Can I do it myself with basic tools or do I need a Mechanic.

It's easy once you've done it once. If its your first time and you have nobody to guide you, you should probably pick up a Haynes manual, or even just search here/google and you'll find a good write up on how to do it.

Seeing your truck is an FX4, you have 4x4, so if your still on the factory parts... you're going to have the most difficultly getting the rotor off. There will be quite a bit of bonded rust, so prepare for a power swinging session with a heavy rubber mallet, or any mallet if your replacing the rotors. Some people go another route with cutting them off if its really stuck, but some PB blaster and a hammer worked for me. The rears on mine took a while, but the fronts came right off.

Other then that, just take both wheels off, and leave one setup while you work on the other so you have a reference of where everything goes. Also, any contact parts in the setup (slide pins, pad EDGES, ect) need some anti-seize... don't be shy with it either.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Didnt find anything by looking at the autozone weekly flyer online, but I did find them in the weekly flyer from AdvanceAuto. However they aren't to specific on price..starts at 26.98 and goes up to 151.00.

Whats the going rate for a shop to replace the stockers with these. I dont know if I want to tackle this project..

Quick Reply: Need brake pads with less dust