Wheels that fit with a lift????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Wheels that fit with a lift????

Luckily for me, 07fx4silver saved me some money (thanks) in pointing out that my stock wheels won't work on my new 6" pro comp lift.

the pro comp install instructions state: "Tire and wheel choice is crucial in
assuring proper fit, performance, and the safety of your Pro Comp equipped vehicle. For this
application, a wheel not to exceed 8” in width with a minimum backspacing of 4.5” to a
maximum 5”, additionally, a 9” wheel with 5” of backspacing is also acceptable."

So my question is concerning how little amount of wheels actually fit those perameters. Its seems that every black wheel I liked or found in the past few months of tireless searching either is too wide or has too much backspace.

Am I reading this wrong or am I missing something blatently obvious??? I've only found 1 wheel so far today that fits and I'm not the biggest fan of that wheel. Please offer insight, sorry to make you read so uch. Thanks for your help

Old 08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at some of pro comps wheels they have a nice selection, i think 4wheelparts is have a buy 3 get 1 free deal

Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Interesting... thats weird how pro comp miraculously is one of only a few companys that has wheels that fit a pro comp lift? Is this a gimmic thing to make people buy their wheels? I understand that my knowledge on the subject is pretty novice, but has anyone tried anything different from what they recommend? I just wonder why not many wheels are in that fitment... maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. I don't know. I've been looking at wheels online for about 8hrs now and i'm exhausted from it. lol

Old 08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by kpmiller
Interesting... thats weird how pro comp miraculously is one of only a few companys that has wheels that fit a pro comp lift? Is this a gimmic thing to make people buy their wheels? I understand that my knowledge on the subject is pretty novice, but has anyone tried anything different from what they recommend? I just wonder why not many wheels are in that fitment... maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. I don't know. I've been looking at wheels online for about 8hrs now and i'm exhausted from it. lol
American racing has quite a few wheels that are 8-9" wide and have 4.5"-5" of backspacing. Also, moto metal and a few others have wheels that will work. Pro comp really does make some nice wheels and while it might seem like a gimmick, their wheels fit on stock and most of all other lifts and it would even be more stupid if they made their wheels to purposely not fit their own lifts. Keep looking, finding that perfect wheel can be a hard thing to do but it's worth it in the end

Old 08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An 18x9 inch wheel with 5 inches of bs is very common.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:08 PM
thanks for your help. 07fx4silver, this may be a far stretch, but do you suppose that I could get away with a 315/70/17 on my stock wheel just temporarily? I think that works out to be a 34/12.4/17 and with my stock wheel only being 1/2 inch too big of backspace would the little bit smaler tire be ok? Thats the size of tires that I can get for next to nothing from a buddy is why I ask. then I could spend more tie saving up for some 20" wheels and some nice tires, and have my lift on... basically having your cake and eating it too. lol

Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I'm sure you could do it but I wouldn't just to cover yourself. If anything went wrong you'll have voided your warranty by running them, not really worth it looking at the big picture to run stock wheels with 34" tires for a few months. I'd just hold out until you can get the right wheel and tire set-up. If anything, give them a call and ask

Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Suspended
heres an idea. and i know every one is against these and i am to but wheel spacers? could they give him the right backspacing to run oem rims until he can get new wheels and tires?

Old 08-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could swear I've seen a member with a Pro Comp lift and oem wheels.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Seems some have been able to fit stock wheels with stock tires while others can't fit them. Either way, I'd say it's best to get new wheels and tires that are designed to be with the lift

Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
I could swear I've seen a member with a Pro Comp lift and oem wheels.
That member would be bonder. He's got a HD with oem 22's on a Pro Comp.

Quick Reply: Wheels that fit with a lift????