changing brake fluid???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
changing brake fluid???

how do i go about changing out my brake fluid, ive heard you need to change it out if you have alot of miles, and it can cause brake failure and cause rust, so how much of a pain is it to change it out? thanks for any help guys

Old 09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just did my 83 Civic fluid like this. Remove the MC cover and the rubber bladder and I used an old medicine syringe and sucked all the old crap out. A turkey baster would also work. I than poured in a little new fluid and pumped the syringe in the MC to stir up all the crap on the bottom and sucked it all out. I replaced all the fluid up to the max level and bled the brakes as normal starting with the one furthest from the MC. I bled them untill all the fluid was clear and I can definatly feel an improvement in stopping proformance and pedal firmness.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Ftruck05
I just did my 83 Civic fluid like this. Remove the MC cover and the rubber bladder and I used an old medicine syringe and sucked all the old crap out. A turkey baster would also work. I than poured in a little new fluid and pumped the syringe in the MC to stir up all the crap on the bottom and sucked it all out. I replaced all the fluid up to the max level and bled the brakes as normal starting with the one furthest from the MC. I bled them untill all the fluid was clear and I can definatly feel an improvement in stopping proformance and pedal firmness.
alright man thanks!!!!!! looks like i have a project for the week!!! thanks for the info man

Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem, I hope all goes well. It's a pretty straight forward process if you have anymore questions I'm all ears.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
k man, so its pretty easy, just bleed the lines to get all that crap outta there, and take a baster of something and suck it all outta the reserve?

ive noticed my truck has been hard to stop lately lol and the brakes and rotors were brand new on the truck when i got it last august, about 12,000 miles ago

Quick Reply: changing brake fluid???