Toyo MTs, KM2s, Or Cooper STTs

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:41 AM
|
Toyo MTs, KM2s, Or Cooper STTs

I am looking at buying some tires finally. The size will be 35/1250s on my factory wheels. Here are the best prices that I have found.

Toyo MTs- $1192
KM2s- $1176
Cooper STTs- $1080

So as you can see the Toyos and KM2s are just a few dollars difference and the Coopers are about a hundred cheaper. I am trying to figure out what would look best on my truck.

Old 09-08-2008 | 09:51 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
The Toyos will last a real long time and perform great, the KM2s have great traction off road but I am unsure of their ware and ride.

Old 09-08-2008 | 10:10 AM
All are honestly great choices - go for whichever one you like the most!! My biased opinion is the KM2's. Everyone who has them has nothing but good things to say about them, but the same goes for the Toyos and Cooper's.

It's all personal preference at this point. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008 | 11:17 AM
I'd get whichever are the most narrow since they are going on your stockers. That's a lot of tire to be stuffing on them.

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:11 PM

Multiple people have had the 35" KM2s on stock 17s and 18s without problem.

I think any of those choice will get you the wear and tear that you want. I personally went with KM2s because 75% of lifted trucks has those damn Toyos. The KM2s have only been out for a year. I still have yet to see another vehicle in person running them besides me. I get tons of compliments and questions because nobody has seen them or heard of them yet.

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:13 PM
All are good choices but I would go with either the KM2's or the toyo's. KM2's perform and look great, ride smooth (for a mud tire), and are quiet (also, for a mud tire), in fact sometimes I wish they were louder. Everyone whos rode in my truck has never said my tires are loud or ride rough but they comment all the time at how quiet and smooth they are. As far as wear, I've had mine for a year and 8000+ miles and still have around 18/32" of tread left and they had 20/32" when new, so 40,000 miles with proper inflation/rotation/alignment should be no problem. It basically comes down to preference, since they all are good choices. Post pics when you get them on

Old 09-08-2008 | 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by 07fx4silver
All are good choices but I would go with either the KM2's or the toyo's. KM2's perform and look great, ride smooth (for a mud tire), and are quiet (also, for a mud tire), in fact sometimes I wish they were louder. Everyone whos rode in my truck has never said my tires are loud or ride rough but they comment all the time at how quiet and smooth they are. As far as wear, I've had mine for a year and 8000+ miles and still have around 18/32" of tread left and they had 20/32" when new, so 40,000 miles with proper inflation/rotation/alignment should be no problem. It basically comes down to preference, since they all are good choices. Post pics when you get them on
X2! The darn things are so quiet! No one thinks they are mud terrains when they ride in my truck I love the KM2's to death, so I will always be bias towards them I guess. They have worn very well in the 7k that I have put on them. I have heard great things about the Toyos too, so either one would be good.

Vote for the KM2's here though

Old 09-08-2008 | 04:37 PM
Basically I say pick which one you think looks the best between the KM2's or Toyo's. I have toyos and I love them, but If i had KM2's, I am sure I would love them the same.

Old 09-09-2008 | 10:40 AM
Why does everyone immediately write off the Coopers?

I have had them on my truck for over 12k and they are an incredible tire. Not loud at all (almost identical tread pattern to the Toyo's with a more aggressive sidewall), and they handle & wear great.

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by ameration
(almost identical tread pattern to the Toyo's with a more aggressive sidewall)
I guess that's a matter of opinion, but I definitely think the Toyo's have the more aggressive/functional sidewall with the large lugs sticking out rather than the designs on the sides of the Coopers:

Coopers:

Toyos:

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Copenhagen848
I guess that's a matter of opinion, but I definitely think the Toyo's have the more aggressive/functional sidewall with the large lugs sticking out rather than the designs on the sides of the Coopers:

Coopers:

Toyos:
I'd have to agree that toyos are more aggressive

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:29 AM

Why does everyone immediately write off the Coopers?

I have had them on my truck for over 12k and they are an incredible tire. Not loud at all (almost identical tread pattern to the Toyo's with a more aggressive sidewall), and they handle & wear great.
How do you like them? I am highly considering that as my next tire. How is the wear on them? And how do they handle the elements (rain, snow, ice...etc...)?

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
How do you like them? I am highly considering that as my next tire. How is the wear on them? And how do they handle the elements (rain, snow, ice...etc...)?
I am very happy with them. They are a great tire, wear very evenly and the life appears to be very long as they are worn very little over that time. They handle excellent for a tire that size and they are incredible in the snow.

I would definately purchase another set of them.

Old 09-09-2008 | 11:51 AM

I am very happy with them. They are a great tire, wear very evenly and the life appears to be very long as they are worn very little over that time. They handle excellent for a tire that size and they are incredible in the snow.

I would definately purchase another set of them.
Thanks that is what I needed to know/hear. Glad you like them

Old 09-09-2008 | 01:18 PM
If you go with the toyos get the 285/75/18's. They are 34.5" and they are still wide, but narrow enough where they never, ever rub at all anywhere. I have the same wheels as you with these tires and a a.s. 2" in the front and they have never rubbed ever.
The toyos are great tires, only thing that sucks about no matter what tires you get.. you lose mpg , and you will miss that good old 2-3 mpg very soon after the install!!
I was going to trade my truck and sell my toyos, might still do so. Probably get them again someday though .

Quick Reply: Toyo MTs, KM2s, Or Cooper STTs