Warped Rotors Warranty Item

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warped Rotors Warranty Item

My 06 has just under 18k miles. 100% drivetrain stock. My front rotors are warped.

Is this a warranty item? I have to get the booster vacuum line fixed and the overhead bin is broken - true factory defect. Should I get the brakes covered as well under warranty?

I know brakes are wear items and I did warp them with towing. I was within my towing limits and had a brake controler and trailer with brakes, but I still warped the rotors.

Will they cover them? I dont see it as abuse. Its an easy enough job, its just expensive.

If they do cover it will the rotors be turned or replaced?

Last edited by hllon4whls; 09-08-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:51 PM
i would like to know the answer to this because i had one dealership tell me it was and one tell me it isnt

Old 09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my dad and brother both have reg cab long beds, 99 and 98 respectively and they have warped rotors on the front, my dad replaced his and a month later they were warped again. and he did not haul anything in the month it took to warp them. i have a 04 screw and my fronts are warped. ive just learned to deal with it becuase i believe it must be a ford thing. i may one day try some performance rotors with grooves or holes, but for now ive given up and accepted it.

just my thoughts.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nope.. Not a warranty item at this point. I worked at a Hyundai dealer and rotors were only a warranty item for 12 months / 12K miles. After that customer pay and they were warped all time I think worse than these trucks. Maybe someone working at a ford dealer will chime in but I doubt you'll have any warranty. I would buy some upgraded rotors especially if you will towing. I dont recommend cutting these rotors especially if they are warped.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 PM
It won't hurt to talk with the dealer about replacement under warranty since it is a safety issue concerning your brakes. They should replace the rotors but may decline if they see the brake controller-its worth a try. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Warped

I have an 06-4x4 scab, bought it used with 24k, had it a month or so and noticed the wheel shimmy a little at highway speeds when I hopped on the brakes, took it back to the dealership, they tried to turn all four discs, but then decided to replace them all. It sounds like the torque on the wheels is very important. Go talk to the dealership, raise a little cane, they shouldn't be trashed with 18k miles. Good Luck

Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 AM

Take it to a different dealer! I had the same issue on my wife's Taurus. My dealer gladly replaced the rotors on the car. Not all dealerships are equal.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
My 06 has the same problem, but I figured I wouldn’t bother with the dealer because the ones they will put on are no different that what it has now. If it happened once it will probably happen again. I am going to put some aftermarket rotors on and solve the problem, hopefully.

Quick Reply: Warped Rotors Warranty Item