Hawk HPS or EBC Greenstuff?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hawk HPS or EBC Greenstuff?

Thoughts?

F150store.com doesn't have the fronts for the EBC and has the Hawks, Summit racing has both brands.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I recommend Carbotech Engineering products. Excellent products, service and price. High friction low dust linings that really perform well and used by many mfg's including Mercedes (supercoupe). I have used their products for 20+ years, the owner formally worked for Wellmen (who designs/mfg's the brake linings for the Indy & formula 1 cars). I typically get around 75,000+ miles on a set of pads.

Wife (italian- heavy foot on gas and brakes) drives in very heavy city traffic with a 1997 Cougar Sport (V8) and at 65k miles still has 2mm of wear remaining on fronts & rears before we reach OEM recommended replacement.

On my previous 1990 F150 (80% highway), I had 90K miles on the fronts before replacement was required and the rears (shoes) were replaced at 115K miles when I sold the truck.

His products typically come in many various specifications to meet your needs. The lining that I chose (IIRR) had an operating temp of 1000 degrees F, increased friction of about 10-12%, very low dust and are very much rotor/drum friendly

Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would go with Wagner Thermo Quiets or Carquest Blues Semi Metallics myself. I love the Carquest Pads. They are made by Raybestos. Good pads and very little dust.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't get the HPS or the Greenstuff.

Get a pad designed for trucks, like the Hawk LTS

https://www.f150online.com/forums/br...-thumbsup.html

Old 09-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bigbrakeparts
Don't get the HPS or the Greenstuff.

Get a pad designed for trucks, like the Hawk LTS

https://www.f150online.com/forums/br...-thumbsup.html
This dust is so bad I'm willing to replace my pads at 1000 miles just so I don't have to clean the wheel every 500 miles. I take it these pads will run fine with our OEM rotors.

I went to your site and clicked on 2008 then FORD then clicked on Model and it only offered 'Mustang.' How do I get the Hawk LTS pad listed for the truck in my signature?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by greencrew
This dust is so bad I'm willing to replace my pads at 1000 miles just so I don't have to clean the wheel every 500 miles. I take it these pads will run fine with our OEM rotors.

I went to your site and clicked on 2008 then FORD then clicked on Model and it only offered 'Mustang.' How do I get the Hawk LTS pad listed for the truck in my signature?
The pads work well with OEM rotors.

We are adding the new Ford truck applications to our website. However, we do have your pads so just PM / email / call us.

-Gary

Quick Reply: Hawk HPS or EBC Greenstuff?