You can re use stock tire pressure sensors and mounting brackets!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can re use stock tire pressure sensors and mounting brackets!

I Just leveled my truck 2.5 inch's (hellbent steel), threw 35/12.50/20 s on aftermarket wheels (pro comp 7005) and I re used my stock tire pressure sensors on the new wheels with no problem what so ever. I have pictures on my dads camera that I will post just as soon as he emails me, should be a few days.
I re used the stock brackets on 2, 12 inch hose clamps that I picked up from a local pipe and utility store. I had to modify the clamps and the mounting bands slightly to make it fit, but it really took no time at all and it saved me $107 a sensor. $428 total. I put them on the new bands, mounted them 180 degrees from my valve stem, had the tires mounted and my light never once came on. I have 400 miles since the instal, still no troubles. The other thing I made sure I did was keep the same sensor with the corisponding new wheel. i.e. the right rear sensor from the stock tire, went back into the right rear in the new tire. The guys at big O tires sweared that no way no how could this work. And they would be wrong. I didn't even have to get the sensors re trained by ford. there was no need. Sorry for no pictures at the moment. I will put them up asap. I just wanted to let everyone know that didn't already that its possible. There is no reason to live witht the light on. A little effort and the job can be done correctly.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the info, but other members have already done this. You can also buy new mounting clamps from Tire Rack that are less expensive than the Ford bands.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope you applied a new layer of dual sided tape to the back side of the sensor cradle. Without that, the sensors have the tendency to slip and that would throw off you balance.

Quick Reply: You can re use stock tire pressure sensors and mounting brackets!